BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have upgraded to the iPhone 6, but now it doesn't talk to the intravee.

I have up to now been using an iPhone 4S with a Scosche adaptor to charge the phone as well.

I have tried an adaptor to the new style plug on the 6, but it wont talk to the intravee. Is this a compatability issue, or do I just need another cable. If so does anyone know which one?

The other option, I found myself in Halfords looking at the Parrat Bluetooth kits, these can now play audio via bluetooth. This would maybe be another/better option. Does anyone have any experience of the Parrott kits - I have the Sat Nav and DSP sound.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
421 Posts
Please don't let this be true!

I really hope this isn't the case, but I suspect there must be something out there to make this work. I have an iPhone 5s and recently installed a Spec Dock in my ash tray for it (of course, a month before the iPhone 6 release :rolleyes:), and it has worked seamlessly for iPod/iTunes Radio/Pandora including maintaining steering wheel button functionality. The key was using an apple adaptor (USD 30!), as the cheaper alternatives gave me issues.

So my setup goes like this: Intravee > Alpine > Charging Adaptor (I think it's a scosche) > Apple lightning adapter > Spec Dock

I had no issues before using the Spec Dock either, other than my phone sliding all over the place hiha. can take some pictures tonight if you are interested, let me know.

No experience with the Parrott, but I am sure other members will chime in.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please don't let this be true!

I really hope this isn't the case, but I suspect there must be something out there to make this work. I have an iPhone 5s and recently installed a Spec Dock in my ash tray for it (of course, a month before the iPhone 6 release :rolleyes:), and it has worked seamlessly for iPod/iTunes Radio/Pandora including maintaining steering wheel button functionality. The key was using an apple adaptor (USD 30!), as the cheaper alternatives gave me issues.

So my setup goes like this: Intravee > Alpine > Charging Adaptor (I think it's a scosche) > Apple lightning adapter > Spec Dock

I had no issues before using the Spec Dock either, other than my phone sliding all over the place hiha. can take some pictures tonight if you are interested, let me know.

No experience with the Parrott, but I am sure other members will chime in.
Pictures tell a thousand words!

If you don't mind it would be useful.

I have Intravee > Alpine > Lead from alpine (Square connector) to iPhone 4s adaptor > Charging adaptor (Scosche). I have tried a cheap ebay adaptor to loightning, maybe that's the issue!

Is a Spec doc, just to hold it in place? Mine is situated in the little cupboard behind the ash tray (with the roller shutter door)

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
I have tried a cheap ebay adaptor to lightning, maybe that's the issue!
I'm certain that is the issue. I try several cheap adapters and learned the hard way they're good only for power.
I bet if you read the description its for charging purposes only.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also try Tune2Air bluetooth adapter

That looks good!

Anyone have any reviews on the sound quality and how stable the connection is on this?

It's been ages since I looked at any of this and it seems there are a few options.

What options do I have for getting the phone working through the car? I have the old "CarPhone" with it's own sim card. Is there anything I can plug in now to connect to my mobile?

Steve

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm certain that is the issue. I try several cheap adapters and learned the hard way they're good only for power.
I bet if you read the description its for charging purposes only.
Doesn't even charge!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also try Tune2Air bluetooth adapter
I'm really liking this idea, what happens if you get a call when streaming music? Do you get the caller through the stereo? If so can they hear you ok through the mic on the phone itself?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Pictures tell a thousand words!

If you don't mind it would be useful.

I have Intravee > Alpine > Lead from alpine (Square connector) to iPhone 4s adaptor > Charging adaptor (Scosche). I have tried a cheap ebay adaptor to loightning, maybe that's the issue!

Is a Spec doc, just to hold it in place? Mine is situated in the little cupboard behind the ash tray (with the roller shutter door)

Pics as requested:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1411429315.297039.jpg
Alpine to scosche to lightning to spec dock

ImageUploadedByAG Free1411429368.123858.jpg
Spec dock mounted in ashtray

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good, I mounted mine in the cupboard behind, as found the phone rested on the lip to give it a bit more support!

Can you pick those docks up from many places?

·
Registered
421 Posts
The spec dock is great. So far no issues with connectivity or the phone coming out in spirited driving, and I have been known to enjoy some oversteer on occasion! No issues in terms of interfering with shifting either- this might be a concern with the 6 as it is bigger.

I picked mine up from specdock.com, it was about USD 125 if i recall correctly. Not sure if they have one for the 6/6+ yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't worry Richard will be here soon!!!

(I was tempted to just phone him directly)

I am liking the Bluetooth option, but would be great tie in with phone calls, or even a docking station which charges, talks to Intravee and puts phone through speaker with external microphone, but I would also like to win the lottery and not much chance of that either!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
^ this looks interesting, although it is likely only a solution for the audio streaming? I would imagine for bluetooth calling it might let you hear the sound over the speakers, but rely upon the microphone on the iPhone for talking - which could prove to be a problem. I think I am still going to have to spring for a ULF module at some point and update my microphone to get things all working seamlessly :dunno:

I checked the speck dock website, they make one for iPhone 6 for USD 129

Reactions: steveM5
1 - 18 of 18 Posts