BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have INPA setup on my laptop and it connects to all the systems apart from the DME. Can anyone tell me which version will connect to the 3.8 DME?

Many thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have INPA setup on my laptop and it connects to all the systems apart from the DME. Can anyone tell me which version will connect to the 3.8 DME?

Many thanks
INPA EA80 is what you need. But it should work all the best with easyDIS. You can use the guide at bimmerboard for the configuration

·
Registered
826 Posts
What about for the SRS system? What tool can get to diagnose/erase a DTC in such system...mine is ON and my ISTA doens't talk with this dino.

·
Registered
735 Posts
What about for the SRS system? What tool can get to diagnose/erase a DTC in such system...mine is ON and my ISTA doens't talk with this dino.

Have you tried INPA?

Should get access by [airbag] group. What interface are you using? I suspect you need ADS compatible since it is a dino...

Just as a warning when measuring to airbag systems. If you need to measure resistance of belt tensioner or airbag it self, measure it with a high class multimeter (FLUKE or similar). Not with one from the supermarket. To measure resistance the multimeter will put a small voltage on the circuit. This small voltage can depend per multimeter and can actually activate the component.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Have you tried INPA?

Should get access by [airbag] group. What interface are you using? I suspect you need ADS compatible since it is a dino...

Just as a warning when measuring to airbag systems. If you need to measure resistance of belt tensioner or airbag it self, measure it with a high class multimeter (FLUKE or similar). Not with one from the supermarket. To measure resistance the multimeter will put a small voltage on the circuit. This small voltage can depend per multimeter and can actually activate the component.
Thanks Tomba, yes we have here in the shop Fluke professional volt meters/scope meter (voltage) etc. So no issue there, but thanks for pointing it out.

Do you have links on where can I source these components? It's too confusing for me right now. I don't have a old laptop with serial port though and I think certain system won't work with a SERIAL-USB adaptors.

Thanks!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks Tomba, yes we have here in the shop Fluke professional volt meters/scope meter (voltage) etc. So no issue there, but thanks for pointing it out.

Do you have links on where can I source these components? It's too confusing for me right now. I don't have a old laptop with serial port though and I think certain system won't work with a SERIAL-USB adaptors.

Thanks!

You will need some hardware (interface) to connect between your laptop and the diagnostic socket of your car.

These older cars also need some compatible interfaces to work with BMW software. I mainly use my ICOM A2 or and old ADS interface.

First we need to know which software and hardware you currently have. I can supply software and recommend an interface for you.

Tiny ADS interface
https://openlabs.co/store/Tiny-ADS-Interface

In case you don't have a serial port on your laptop/pc
Simple DIY ADS interface schmatic - BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles.

With Teamviewer we can make it work.

·
Registered
826 Posts
You will need some hardware (interface) to connect between your laptop and the diagnostic socket of your car.

These older cars also need some compatible interfaces to work with BMW software. I mainly use my ICOM A2 or and old ADS interface.

First we need to know which software and hardware you currently have. I can supply software and recommend an interface for you.

Tiny ADS interface
https://openlabs.co/store/Tiny-ADS-Interface

In case you don't have a serial port on your laptop/pc
Simple DIY ADS interface schmatic - BMW forum. Diagnostics, coding, programming, repair BMW vehicles.

With Teamviewer we can make it work.
Thanks. I can't register ( disable by admin) so can't check the PDF or info attached in the second link provided. I do have a ISTA with round connector but it doesn't talk with the dino e34 at all. Nor my Autel Pro scanner.

You mean with ISTA can be possible?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Thanks. I can't register ( disable by admin) so can't check the PDF or info attached in the second link provided. I do have a ISTA with round connector but it doesn't talk with the dino e34 at all. Nor my Autel Pro scanner.

You mean with ISTA can be possible?

I doubt ISTA will work. Likely DIS or very early version ISTA.
Best thing for now would be to order the ADS interface. I can get you the documents.

With ADS interface you should be possible to enter airbag module with INPA. Otherwise a Virtual machine with DIS.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I doubt ISTA will work. Likely DIS or very early version ISTA.
Best thing for now would be to order the ADS interface. I can get you the documents.

With ADS interface you should be possible to enter airbag module with INPA. Otherwise a Virtual machine with DIS.
Great, I will PM you. A friend gave me his DIS with virtual machine/laptop but it doesn't enter in the e34 either, I suspect something wrong set in the virtual DIS it's happening. I know a old Launch X431 or something like that (those with the LCD grey display) works with the e34 SRS system as I did it once.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts