BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had INPA installed on my laptop for a few weeks now, and although I still have much to learn, I already can't imagine life before it. It gives you an insight into your car that guesswork and a Peake could never achieve. I like it so much that I've decided to organise a group buy for UK owners, so others can share the experience. First of all, here's a few grabs from mine. This is just a tiny tiny fraction of what you can get into, but it gives a good taste of what you can do.....

First of all, this is the USB lead and pre-2001 adapter that you get with the software -

And here's a few grabs of the many hundreds of different screens, from views of sensor outputs, to module interogation, device activation, fault code analysis, etc. As you can see, from the opening screen, once you have chosen the 'E' number of your car, there are 5 sub menus. Each of these then has many more sub menus, each one having its own 'Main Menu' screen. You can then drill down into the individual modules and components, and read there memories, test their operation, and even recode them if necessary.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry - the attachments haven't come out in the order I wanted! The smaller menu screens at the bottom are the first sub menus.

Anyway - if you are interested, then please add your name here. I need to get a rough idea of numbers before I can give an exact price, so get your names down if you fancy one!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very interested - currently have a serial cable Carsoft interface which is a pita as I have to use a USB converter as I have no serial ports, plus carsoft isn't all too great!

Keen for more details (rough price etc).

Pete.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need to finalise a couple of things before I can give an exact price, but it will be less than a Peake.........

·
Registered
524 Posts
count me in, how much was yours??

·
Registered
524 Posts
think J Peers wil be interested too I'll text him..........

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very interested - currently have a serial cable Carsoft interface which is a pita as I have to use a USB converter as I have no serial ports, plus carsoft isn't all too great!
I have heard this a lot about carsoft. This cable comes with a USB driver that installs in seconds. There's a very simple set of instructions, with screen grabs, to lead you through incredibly basic configuration, then you're done. Once installed, you just plug'n'play like most USB devices. I've not had any connection issues, or software problems.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Copy, paste & add..... :cheers:

Mr Devere
Steven<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Brett<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
215 Posts
you will have to excuse me ignornance as this is not my speciality area - so is the basis of this a peake code reader for the 21st century on a lap top.

What damage could i do by pressing the wrong buttons (its bound to happen)

like the idea of it, but dont think that i would understand 1/2 the information given to me so dont want to waste money for the sake of it but am happy to be convinced - im a maybe atm pending on information in "simple terms" please

·
Registered
585 Posts
you will have to excuse me ignornance as this is not my speciality area - so is the basis of this a peake code reader for the 21st century on a lap top.

What damage could i do by pressing the wrong buttons (its bound to happen)

like the idea of it, but dont think that i would understand 1/2 the information given to me so dont want to waste money for the sake of it but am happy to be convinced - im a maybe atm pending on information in "simple terms" please
good point,to use the software will help you identify problems early ,you wouldnt even have to reset anything you wasnt sure about,but knowing somethings getting weak,or pinpointing the fault will give you the upper hand when you need it fixed before you go to a dealer who might or might not get it right...if you need or dont understand im sure this board will point you or anyone in the right direction with Q&A on the problem.when if you get it im sure just a browse around your car from the inside might just be that ,a browse...slowly ,slowly catchy monkey..this might take the guessing out of any problems..dan

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi guys
And once you have a working INPA it takes just a few more steps to install DIS and then you can do your own VANOS test and several other diagnostics tests as well..;)

Cheers
C

1 - 20 of 339 Posts