BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm trying to do an SMG adaptation in INPA after changing a clutch slave cylinder on a 2006 E60 M5 and I get to the first blue screen that says ignition on/engine off and nothing happens... I already spent about 20 hours researching online with no luck! I've tried several common things already. I can use other functions in INPA fine. Anyone else have this problem? I have a KLINE cable and software from bcables.

Thanks!

Steve P

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies. Nothing was happening when I hit bleed function and It kept saying "start with F8" so i assumed I had to do the adaptation first. I will try to get it to bleed first then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it won't let me bleed or depressurize. Keeps saying start with F8. Maybe a communication error. Maybe my Windows 7? Just weird that I can do everything else except this. I can shift through all the gears manually, open close clutch, run pumps etc. but won't let me bleed. Very irritating. Might have to tow it to indy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ISTA wont even launch for me. I ended up test driving it (after clutch slave cylinder, pivot pin, fork and throw out bearing replacement, clear all codes) and it shifts better than before. I guess the manual screw bleed and me going through the gears, engaging/disengaging clutch several times and topping up fluid was good enough.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
E60 -> SMG -> F6 ->F4->F4.

From there select the adaptations you wish to run, then hit F8 to start.

Start by bleeding slave 3 times.

Bleed actuator block 3 times.

Then clutch char. curve, complete transmission, clutch slip point. Each one individually with F8. F1-F7 toggle the others on and off.

·
Registered
179 Posts
E60 -> SMG -> F6 ->F4->F4.

From there select the adaptations you wish to run, then hit F8 to start.

Start by bleeding slave 3 times.

Bleed actuator block 3 times.

Then clutch char. curve, complete transmission, clutch slip point. Each one individually with F8. F1-F7 toggle the others on and off.

Clutch curve is F6 , and slip point is F7, you didn’t mention F4 and F5 they look like something to do with adaptation as well ? Or it is better not to touch them? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
OK, here:

E60 -> SMG -> F6 -> F4 -> F4

F5

F2 (bleed slave) -> F9 and wait to finish. Repeat this 3-5 times

F2

F3 (bleed actuator) -F9 and wait to finish. Repeat 3-5 times

F3

F6 (adapt clutch valve characteristic curve) -> F9 and wait to finish

F6

F5 (adapt actuator block) -F9 and wait to finish

F5

Start engine

F7 -> F9 and ok, then wait to finish

Press start/stop 3 times to turn engine off and ignition back on and save adaptation.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Before adaptation im planning to check / top up fluid level , should i release pressure before that or just simply top up till it start to drop without releasing the pressure? F1 is release pressure it makes me think that this option provided specially for check level before adaptations?

·
Registered
513 Posts
OK, here:

E60 -> SMG -> F6 -> F4 -> F4

F5

F2 (bleed slave) -> F9 and wait to finish. Repeat this 3-5 times

F2

F3 (bleed actuator) -F9 and wait to finish. Repeat 3-5 times

F3

F6 (adapt clutch valve characteristic curve) -> F9 and wait to finish

F6

F5 (adapt actuator block) -F9 and wait to finish

F5

Start engine

F7 -> F9 and ok, then wait to finish

Press start/stop 3 times to turn engine off and ignition back on and save adaptation.
Thanks jcolley

·
Registered
179 Posts
I translated with google:
First line is - wait until the input speed=0!!!
Second line- actual speed=909
Third line is- Clutch do not disconnect! Engine on/off

Did you actually done 3 time on/off as jcolley suggests? Cause you last screen looks like asking you for that

·
2,960 Posts
Yeah that'll prevent the clutch from opening.

Might want to try Rockauto. Best price I found for the clutch and flywheel. The luk clutch is a sachs repackaged by luk. Includes pilot bearing, grease and alignment (but not clamping) tool.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah that'll prevent the clutch from opening.

Might want to try Rockauto. Best price I found for the clutch and flywheel. The luk clutch is a sachs repackaged by luk. Includes pilot bearing, grease and alignment (but not clamping) tool.
I knew one day I would face this, so I got DMF and Clutch like a year ago waiting on the shelf :) I was about to start the engine today , but the centering sleeve of the drive shaft totally killed us... 2h to take it out, finally came out in 2 peaces.. such a pain...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
I knew one day I would face this, so I got DMF and Clutch like a year ago waiting on the shelf :) I was about to start the engine today , but the centering sleeve of the drive shaft totally killed us... 2h to take it out, finally came out in 2 peaces.. such a pain...
Make sure you remove that center locking spring before the transmission goes in or you'll be replacing the clutch again within a year.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Make sure you remove that center locking spring before the transmission goes in or you'll be replacing the clutch again within a year.
Well Jim... guess what... your reply came a bit late so... I did forget it, because we were rushing to release the lift for the next car coming in :grin:grin:grin anyway the very next morning gearbox out, gearbox in, clutch slip point teach in - 2h flat with coffee time in between :)
PLCD readings in INPA jumped from 220 to 240. Strange because the secure clip was actually loose and came out just with two fingers, no tools needed.
PS: thanks Jim, lesson learned!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts