BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using INPA 5.0.2 and cannot find the VANOS test. I know where its supposed to be located but it is not there... Can someone help me here?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sorry, but you need DIS for the Vanos test, not INPA.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Even when you pull it up in DIS, you will need to change the protocol language prior to running it. I can try to find the DIY I used to help you through it or do a quick right up if needed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a laptop with XP on it and am wanting to run DIS. Do I still need the VMware?

Also can anyone provide a good download link?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Player might work, but I don't know for certain, I've never used it. I only have experience with workstation and various ESX/vSphere environments. I'm running DIS under VMWare workstation 6.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dunno, maybe try workstation? You need to load the iso from the bios of the vm, that's what starts the install...
I got it to install but I cant get the diagnostic head to show up. I also cant get booted into windows. How do I boot around DIS now? I dont have INPA installed on the VM just on my PC. Do I need to install INPA on the VM as well?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I got it to install but I cant get the diagnostic head to show up. I also cant get booted into windows. How do I boot around DIS now? I dont have INPA installed on the VM just on my PC. Do I need to install INPA on the VM as well?
You need INPA on you PC. You also need to set the network correct in the DIS installation. What also very important is is to turn of your firewall or add a rule for the interface to your firewall.
I am running it with the DIAGHead emulator and it is running perfect. You can also use it without DiagHead, but then you need to switch to Fister.

DIS booting is when you start the VM-Ware workstation with DIS installation. You have to start manually the IFHSRV32.exe from INPA.
To shut down is the calibration screen (code 12345) and option 0 to shut down. If you just turn it of it could corrupt your Unix kernell. Have seen it happening before :grrrrr:

Reactions: mgdmb

·
Registered
395 Posts
Did you set the network in VM-Ware ?
Otherwise he will not list any free connection. You must think in network relations. DIS is normally connected with an network cable to the DiagHead.
Here is a link what can help you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkRDy0n_-Q

In post #3 you will find the link to DiagHead
Need DiagHead Emulator

Cheers,

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you set the network in VM-Ware ?
Otherwise he will not list any free connection. You must think in network relations. DIS is normally connected with an network cable to the DiagHead.
Here is a link what can help you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkRDy0n_-Q

In post #3 you will find the link to DiagHead
Need DiagHead Emulator

Cheers,
I am getting this error when I load DiagHead a registry error referring to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BMW\DiagHeadEmu

Looking at the registry there is no BMW under software

·
Registered
395 Posts
Are you running 64 bit ? That will not work, you need the 32 bit environment for windows.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts