BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, I lack the ability or know how to download/source a proper working version on Inpa, Edibas, etc. I've tried the BMW coding forum and various others, but I can't get any of them to work on my WIN 8 platform. Keep getting root/ directory errors when I try to do any process. I was able to get the battery and ignition black lights on once, but have been unable to do that after I deleted the files when adaptation and bleeding procedures would not work and I tried again.

If anyone knows who does "remote" installs I would be happy to pay someone to put the programs on my laptop. Just replaced my SMG pump motor, New Clutch, and Slave, so I desperately need to bleed the system among other things. Thanks in advance for the advice or recommendations.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Pretty sure you need Win 7 or Win10. I know for sure it works on Win10 32 bit as that’s what I have my Virtual Machine set up to run on my Mac. Just did a bunch of diagnostics namely ABS/DCS bleed and brake bleed process though INPA

·
Registered
296 Posts
EDIABAS runs on win8 but you need to find a complete version which is the challenging part. Looks like the ones you’ve downloaded are no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I may be better off just purchasing a new W10 laptop or buying an old XP (as I have heard it runs best on this platform)

·
Registered
296 Posts
So all of the EDIABAS software suites will work on win 7/8/10 64 bit machines except for NCSexpert. NCS requires a 32bit computer, but will work on win 7/8/10 regardless.

If you are having a bad time finding a working EDIABAS version you can always pay someone that already has all of the software and daten files available. Ebay has a couple of guys that offer those packages for a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts