BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the o-ring that goes on the end of the steering rack, where the tie-rod boot/gaiter is positioned over. Anyone have a source for these o-rings? The o-ring does not come with Lemforder boot kits, only the URO boot kits (which are inferior last time I bought them just to get the o-rings)

#1 in bottom photo is what I'm referring to

·
2,163 Posts
Assuming you can properly secure the oetiker clamp then there's no point in changing that oring. Heck since college days I've used zip ties to secure rack boots in other cars. Not on the M5 only because the clamp is included with the lemforder kit.

But if you insist I'd probably get them from your local dealer. Small parts like that are the only thing local dealers are good for imo...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Debating on just reusing the factory one. Car isn't going to see rain anyway, but, it is nice to replace it, and not regret it later and have to take it apart to just to get to it because its bugging me like some Edgar Allan Poe story.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why don’t you just order them from oringsandmore.com? Measure it and order a good quality one
Thank you for the website - had never heard of them before. Good to know they are out there. I would like to have the parts ready before I disassemble car, that is the only problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts