BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am running the ESS kit with 92mm pulley, uprated pump, meth and the white bosch 36lb injectors.

Have had the car mapped and the afr's are spot on, running in mid 11's mostly, tuner has said there is about 12% to 18% left in these injectors when it was mapped.

However from a data log ive done, and using a calculator which I dont fully understand, its showing my duty cycle at 109% right at top end, this screenshot below shows it at 94%.

Are these calculations / logs of injection time wrong? Ess have advised that these injectors are sufficient for this.

Fuel Injector Duty Cycle - Injector-Rehab

·
Registered
10,454 Posts
However from a data log ive done, and using a calculator which I dont fully understand, its showing my duty cycle at 109%
That is not possible, it can only go to 100%. It is very confusing stuff and there are very confusing terms used, like operating range,WTF is that? To make matters worse the actual flow of the fluid changes with pressure and even duty cycle, because of the design of the pintle. If your AFRs are good and pros are telling you that you have the correct injectors, just leave it at that. Take your 109% calculation as a point that you need to learn more. Most likely you are getting messed up with this concept of operating range which is often assumed mid sentence when you are reading things.

·
Registered
12,984 Posts
As Sailor notes, the short answer is if the AFR's are good, the injectors are fine.

36 lb./hr. should convert to 378 cc's. Plenty big for what you have. ESS's original kit came with 315's. Over time, knowledge has been shared. Nice to see the injector size upgrade.

I wouldn't expect the duty cycle to be stressed.

Regards,
Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts