BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

Has anybody here ever used an off-the-car injector cleaning service?
Looking online, the most prominent ones in the search are Witchhunter or RC Engineering which do ultrasonic cleaning.

I had decent results on my old 540 by simply replacing all the injectors at 130k miles, though I'd rather not spend a thousand dollars on new OEM injectors though for the M5.

I'm in the SF bay area, so if there is any decent off-the-car cleaning service company nearby that anybody knows of, that would be nice.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Ultrasonic injector cleaning is good as long as you dont expect brand new performing injectors. Wherever you send them (I know a good place in the UK but that doesn't help much), make sure they provide a before and after flow rate measure and difference. And hope it is different. The spray pattern should also be improved, so as well as flow, you get a better spread of fuel spray. As well as the 'hole' being cleaned, they should also change the seals, and pintle caps and all that malarky, so various benefits.

This place in the UK is good, but the site tells you about the cleaning process and what they can change, in more detail than I can remember...

ASNU Fuel Injector cleaning by post..

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
RC Engineering and Witch Hunter are the best. I would go with either of them. There are a bunch of other services out there, but RC has the best guarantees. If something isn't right they will buy you a new injector. Stand up service.

As for my issues, they are still unsolved. I sent all 8 to InjectorRx and now have a bunch of leaks. (not bad mouthing them b/c they are a good company) I sent the worst two back and they confirmed that they are not leaking under OEM pressure of 72.5psi. However, I replaced them with new ones and they are not leaking. On top of that, one of the other new injectors I had as a backup was leaking too. So at this point I have no idea what the f#ck is going on. The plot continues...

·
Registered
84 Posts
RC engineering sucks! I had them clean and flow test my injectors for my RX7. They said they had done my of them and I should have no problems. It is a rotary after all problems are a way of life for them sometimes. To make a long story short I had to send them back two times. The first was for a massive fuel leake and one injector was stuck open after there cleaning. Well I get them back and yet another huge fuel leak. RX7s have side feed injectors and the orings they used were to small letting fuel pass by under presure.
Just my experiance and I would say stay away from RC! Witch Hunter has never let me down. I have been going to injector rehab lately but they are on the east coast.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I don't understand why a rebuilt injector won't have a like new performance!. Can someone explain this to me?

·
Registered
93 Posts
As stated earlier, Witch Hunter and RC engineering both do exceptional work. Injectors are pretty simple and usually after service they will work as good as new. My Experiences have yielded a cleaner (physically) result with Witch Hunter than RC and you get a little more information for your buck. That being said, end results have been about the same, which is excellent.

Now that I've read Schuttsr1's post, I'd like to add that I've seen many injectors cleaned by RC for high HP cars without much issue. When it came time to have my injectors cleaned for my RX7 (550cc/1600cc modified to work with the car and require special o-rings) I sent them to Witch Hunter and had zero issues. Service was quick as well even though it was right around a holiday.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I don't understand why a rebuilt injector won't have a like new performance!. Can someone explain this to me?
Injectors aren't "rebuilt", just serviced which includes o rings and filters if they are sidefeed. They are just a simple solenoid, so if they don't work right, they're either dirty or bad. If service doesn't bring it back to new or better (seen some information stating new injectors don't always flow like they're supposed to), then the injector is bad and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Very good thread, bookmarked

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.