BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I would like to ask you all for a huge favour. A friend of mine is trying to find a nice Alpina B12 6.0 for sale and he would like some information on car #003. I can provide the VIN and the ALPINA VIN if it helps. I would really appreciate any info about this car. Thanks. :)

·
Banned
664 Posts
I am only aware of a couple of cars : 66 and 45

Where are you based ?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually a friend of mine is thinking of buying it and wanted to know if the car was ever crashed or heavily damaged. Basically, if it is a good example or not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tom_K said:
Guys, I would like to ask you all for a huge favour. A friend of mine is trying to find a nice Alpina B12 6.0 for sale and he would like some information on car #003. I can provide the VIN and the ALPINA VIN if it helps. I would really appreciate any info about this car. Thanks. :)
Hi, my father and I have a rhd B12 6.0 and just a few notes on looking for one - Drive over a bumpy road and listen for any knocks and rattles as they are big heavy cars and tend to go through suspension bushes quite quickly! Also, ask some probing questions on oil consumption as some of them can have more than a healthy drinking habit which can result in major engine work. Finally, try and get one with a BMW warranty otherwise you will need very deep pockets!! Apart from that go and get one and have great fun being able to outdrag pretty much anything on the road in great comfort!!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
is the car you're looking for the e38 or the earlier e32 model.
One e32 B12 was at Gaydon (John was that yours?), and 3 e38 B12's attended to, so was in seven heaven!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
E32 wasn't available as a 6.0 but only 5.0 if I remember correctly. It is a LHD. Will keep you posted if my friend buys it or not. I gave him the URL to this forum so he may join if he buys the car.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Tom
You're quite correct there, but I think it was available as a 5.7 as well!
Be good to see another though!

AG

·
Registered
3 Posts
kees said:
Nope...that's what I thought initially, but the car in your article is a B12 6.0L.
Right!

Should have klicked that the "L's" are numbered separately since I have one.
Which I'm about to sell by the way, if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Wow:

ehemalige Neupreisempfehlung im September 1999
BMW Alpina B12 6.0: DM 218.600,- (€ 111.768,-)

Alpina B12, do yo have any nice pics to share? And mayeb also soem race stories? :2: Any top speed runs vs different cars?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gustav said:
Wow:

ehemalige Neupreisempfehlung im September 1999
BMW Alpina B12 6.0: DM 218.600,- (€ 111.768,-)

Yep. The long version in 2001 was closer to 240.000. World records in accelleration and depreciation...

Alpina B12, do yo have any nice pics to share? And mayeb also soem race stories? :2: Any top speed runs vs different cars?
Some race stories have already been published under my handle "Black B10V8". To summarise: it's wonderfully fast and quicker than an RS6 (feels at least as quick as the Testarossa). Alpina's conservatively stated 291 km/h is definitely an understatement! A remarkably versatile automobile that cruises comfortably through town, seats an overweight 2 metre frame (mine) with ease and negotiates 300 km/h Autobahn corners effortlessly.

It's gone (sold), and I will miss it.

Forever...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello there,
this is interesting, maybe an old thread gets resurrected, I am the owner of this car, B12 6.0 #003, which is alpina blue, dark interior. All I can say is that I havent owned it for many weeks yet but it is the ultimate autobahn stohrmer :hihi:
Trying to put 2 images into the reply here.
Anymore lucky B12 owners in here?
Catch you guys later, maybe on the road somewhere.
Best regards,
Johnny
Sweden

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
Welcome to the messageboard!

A very nice 1 owner car you just bought yourself. Congradulations. :happybirt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts