BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone got the tune recently? How long do you have to wait for the cable? Have been trying to contact Abdul but he only responded once. He seems very busy. Just want to have a peace in mind before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Salman from Infinity Tune told me that I can return to stock in 5min. Are you also in California?
Yep, good ole commiefornia, and thanks for the info. I got in touch with Abdul yesterday and he confirmed that changing back to stock was quick and easy.

I placed my order yesterday, my neighbors will appreciate the cold start delete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
Has anyone got the tune recently? How long do you have to wait for the cable? Have been trying to contact Abdul but he only responded once. He seems very busy. Just want to have a peace in mind before I pull the trigger.
I'm BACK! I was gone for a vacation with my wife and returned a few days ago. Some of you purchased tunes while I was away. Some of you also spoke to me on the phone. The next batch of tunes will be going out next week. Look forward to working with all of you.

Did you get in touch with me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm BACK! I was gone for a vacation with my wife and returned a few days ago. Some of you purchased tunes while I was away. Some of you also spoke to me on the phone. The next batch of tunes will be going out next week. Look forward to working with all of you.

Did you get in touch with me?
Hi Abdul. Hope you had a great time. Yes, I was trying to get in touch with you. Salman answered my questions. I placed my order last Thursday. I am not in a hurry to get the tune, but it will be greatly appreciated if you can provide me with a status update on my order and a potential shipping date.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi Abdul. Hope you had a great time. Yes, I was trying to get in touch with you. Salman asked my questions. I placed my order last Thursday. I am not in a hurry to get the tune, but it will be greatly appreciated if you can provide me with a status update on my order and a potential shipping date.
All cables will get shipped out tomorrow! We ran out of cables and the manufacturer was behind on orders as well. We’re all set now. Have more than 70 cables coming in tomorrow. So from now onwards, order will be processed within 24-48 hours after receiving them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
All cables will get shipped out tomorrow! We ran out of cables and the manufacturer was behind on orders as well. We’re all set now. Have more than 70 cables coming in tomorrow. So from now onwards, order will be processed within 24-48 hours after receiving them!

Thanks for the update! Can't wait to unleash the beast haha.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have an e63 with Dinan tune, bought it this way this with their intake, throttle bodies, and exhaust.

So can’t even compare it to a stock tune.

I have zero complaints with both responsiveness and smg and I swear in M mode my throttle is very responsive. I can compare it to using a sprint booster in my other cars or even my i3.

The only thing I would be interested is the cold start delete but probably not worth it just for that.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I got my tune in my email today and my preliminary response is nothing short of amazing!

I have a 2010 3 pedal so can’t comment on anything related to SMG.

The cold start delete is worth the cost…the cold start feature was my least favorite part of the driving experience. This tune resolved the fact that upon start up the car was loud (in a bad way) and didn’t drive smoothly until fully warmed up.

I noticed it pulls harder in the mid range(4-5k) and definitely feels more responsive. I drove the car for 30 mins, did the update, and then drove it again after flashing the ECU, so I had a decent relative comparison. I do need more time behind the wheel for further comment, but….

This mod is awesome, highly recommended!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my tune in my email today and my preliminary response is nothing short of amazing!

I have a 2010 3 pedal so can’t comment on anything related to SMG.

The cold start delete is worth the cost…the cold start feature was my least favorite part of the driving experience. This tune resolved the fact that upon start up the car was loud (in a bad way) and didn’t drive smoothly until fully warmed up.

I noticed it pulls harder in the mid range(4-5k) and definitely feels more responsive. I drove the car for 30 mins, did the update, and then drove it again after flashing the ECU, so I had a decent relative comparison. I do need more time behind the wheel for further comment, but….

This mod is awesome, highly recommended!

Can't wait to try mine. I have a 2008 3 pedal and I am going for the cold start delete as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got my tune today. In short, it's awesome. Mine is a 2008 3 pedal, so I also can't comment on anything related to SMG.
For me, the best feature has to be the cold start delete. The engine runs a lot smoother after a cold start. Even on warmer starts, it is a lot smoother. Before the tune, in the first 5 min of engine start, it ran rich and the timing was retarded to a point where the car feels very lurching. Now, this feeling is completely gone.
I also went for the VANOS adjustment improvement. The power delivery around 3000rpm is smoother than before.
As for power improvement, I can feel the car pulls harder after 5500 rpm.
Very good first impression. I will report back when I have more miles with the tune.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you’re from North America, place the order directly from the M Power Motorsports website.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts