BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
For the first few customers, the wait time was to get the cables. Since the cables were getting shipped from UK. Now, I have the cables in Michigan. So the moment you place the order, we will ship you the cables. Our tuner will be able to upload the tune to your car once you receive the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My question hasn't been answered yet. If we have the bimmergeeks cable do we need your cable? Can we have just the tune? Discount for not taking one of your cables?

·
Registered
482 Posts
My question hasn't been answered yet. If we have the bimmergeeks cable do we need your cable? Can we have just the tune? Discount for not taking one of your cables?
Unfortunately, you will have to buy our cable in order to upload the tune. Our cable was specifically manufactured for our tunes and hence, it is the only cable that is compatible to upload our tune to your car. And once you use it, it is mated to your car for life and cannot be used for any other car again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
@InfinityDesign got a question regarding a FAMS tune. I asked Jim but couldn't answer why. Since FAMS is your tune, well...

Any idea why timing on cyls 3 and 8 are fully advanced? If I had to guess looks like knock control on those cyls is disabled. This is after running at the track. Adaptations were reset many times, same results every time. Street driving does not result in adaptations going full swing. Stock tune does not cause full advance.

View attachment 949954
Hi,

When we make changes to ignition timing it's a global change across all cylinders and not on an individual basis.

It's very interesting here that it's the middle and opposite cylinders which are doing this only. The only reason I can think at the moment is that the DME is advancing these more than the others to avoid triggering the misfire detection.

What headers are you running?

·
Administrator
3,395 Posts
Hi,

When we make changes to ignition timing it's a global change across all cylinders and not on an individual basis.

It's very interesting here that it's the middle and opposite cylinders which are doing this only. The only reason I can think at the moment is that the DME is advancing these more than the others to avoid triggering the misfire detection.

What headers are you running?
Stock headers/intakes. Just for kicks I checked again and running on the street causes adaptations to come back to +/-1 for all cyls. It's only continuous wot use (track) that causes this.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Stock headers/intakes. Just for kicks I checked again and running on the street causes adaptations to come back to +/-1 for all cyls. It's only continuous wot use (track) that causes this.
This is very interesting. Clearly these two cylinders are happier advancing timing more than the others without knock occuring under maximum load.
I have never experienced anything like this as none of my tuning advances timing under WOT for individual cylinders. I guess the engine/DME setup is calculating this to be safe and for some reason your middle cylinders can tolerate a higher level of timing.

One potential reason is that the stock inlet manifold does have the middle cylinders more directly in front of the inlet and may be taking in more air.
However that theory would need testing on other cars under the same conditions.

·
Administrator
3,395 Posts
This is very interesting. Clearly these two cylinders are happier advancing timing more than the others without knock occuring under maximum load.
I have never experienced anything like this as none of my tuning advances timing under WOT for individual cylinders. I guess the engine/DME setup is calculating this to be safe and for some reason your middle cylinders can tolerate a higher level of timing.

One potential reason is that the stock inlet manifold does have the middle cylinders more directly in front of the inlet and may be taking in more air.
Only problem with that theory is that the stock tune doesn't do this. That tells me it's something with fams/your tune.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Only problem with that theory is that the stock tune doesn't do this. That tells me it's something with fams/your tune.
Very true indeed.
Jim did have his own version of the map editing software and the information I gave him was open for him to change. He may have changed the maps relating to individual cylinder ignition but why this happens only on WOT doesn't make sense. I've not come accross this issue before.

·
Registered
97 Posts
@InfinityDesign I doubt you remember, or maybe you do, tuning my one-of-three Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3. I was the American that moved there for a year, and ended up owning three E92s in succession. I'll send you a note outside the forums to say hello and talk tuning, but here's a reminder (everyone else, this is what Sal was able to do with my car just using his laptop and dyno when he worked at Evolve, no other mods) -

·
Registered
112 Posts
@InfinityDesign I doubt you remember, or maybe you do, tuning my one-of-three Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3. I was the American that moved there for a year, and ended up owning three E92s in succession. I'll send you a note outside the forums to say hello and talk tuning, but here's a reminder (everyone else, this is what Sal was able to do with my car just using his laptop and dyno when he worked at Evolve, no other mods) -
View attachment 950244
Nice to hear from you! Hope you are well and thanks for chiming in :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
@InfinityDesign @AbdulM I sent u guys couple emails this week but never got any replied back, I purchase the tune on Monday, I'm not in a super rush but still need a rough idea on what's the normal lead time for the tune to ship out?

Reactions: Rueyme

·
Registered
158 Posts
@InfinityDesign @AbdulM I sent u guys couple emails this week but never got any replied back, I purchase the tune on Monday, I'm not in a super rush but still need a rough idea on what's the normal lead time for the tune to ship out?
Did you get your cable yet? I waited over 2 weeks for mine and finally got it, and yet there is no instructions or what to do with the cable. Does anyone know how to use this and what is the next steps? Customer service seems to need some improvement in this area as communication could be better.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Can you give me the process to use your tune? I waited for some time and all I got was the cable but no idea what to do with it. I am going on a road trip tomorrow and I dont want to just flash it without knowing what will happen, frankly the experience so far has been disappointing because I don't know what to do with this cable, at least instructions could had been provided. I also need to know what options are on the tune I purchased because previously the website didn't have checkboxes on the mobile website where I can put whether I want certain items disabled or not. Kindly let me know what the next steps are.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you get your cable yet? I waited over 2 weeks for mine and finally got it, and yet there is no instructions or what to do with the cable. Does anyone know how to use this and what is the next steps? Customer service seems to need some improvement in this area as communication could be better.
I received mine, and I got the instruction, If you need it, I can email that to you, I just got done scan the car and ready to sent the file to Sal.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I received mine, and I got the instruction, If you need it, I can email that to you, I just got done scan the car and ready to sent the file to Sal.
Thanks for your reply. He’s good. He confirmed that he received the email.

·
Registered
482 Posts
As far as the cables, we have them in stock in USA now so we can ship out within 24-48 hours. We were having a hard time maintaining stock as people are jumping on these at this price point.

I’m one text or phone call away. Communication is our best trait. (586) 207-7826.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That’s wired. I just texted you and sent the email over again. We send out the instructions via email and not with the box.

got it. I apologize for jumping the gun. I understand you said you guys been busy. Just extra sensitive since there's been history with previous tuners disappearing from the boards or suddenly becoming unreliable. The last thing I wanted to worry about is going away for the weekend and thinking about what to do with the tune.

81 - 100 of 130 Posts