BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
@InfinityDesign.....can you confirm if your tune does or doesn't do this as Craze describes his FAMs tune does...

"Re the smg tune, its good but if dsc is off i find it crap, as s1-s6 is absolutely brutal, too harsh, he missed the mark on it"

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
@InfinityDesign.....can you confirm if your tune does or doesn't do this as Craze describes his FAMs tune does...

"Re the smg tune, its good but if dsc is off i find it crap, as s1-s6 is absolutely brutal, too harsh, he missed the mark on it"
Myabe it's not my place. Think of it this way. If DSC is on and you go full 100% WOT, DSC is expected to pull some power to make sure it's smooth and linear acceleration without any loss of traction. Now, once you turn off DSC, it is performing full "harsh" acceleration at WOT as it meant to give you that raw performance. I had an E46 M3 with SMG and I can tell you it is much harsher or rather more brutal than an E60 M5 with DSC off on stock tuning. E46 M3 will literally bang each gear as you accelerate. If you have not driven an E46 M3 with SMG, then you are in for a surprise.

No one buys a Porsche Carrerra GT and says the chassis very harsh. People buy these knowing it is a raw chassis with a high-performance engine without any aids for safety.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
^^ yea but the point I think Craze was saying is the 1-6 shift speed settings that worked when DSC is off prior to the tune....becomes non-functional after the tune. i.e you cant change the shift speeds with DSC off with the Infinity tune....its essentiallt stuck on 6 (fastest/most harsh)

·
Registered
2006 M5
374 Posts
^^ yea but the point I think Craze was saying is the 1-6 shift speed settings that worked when DSC is off prior to the tune....becomes non-functional after the tune. i.e you cant change the shift speeds with DSC off with the Infinity tune....its essentiallt stuck on 6 (fastest/most harsh)
I haven't experienced anything like what you're describing in S5 or S6 with or without DSC active. I do notice a difference in S5 and S6 with DSC off with the FAMS tune, doesn't feel like it's stuck in S6 at all.

·
2,847 Posts
As stated before, not my experience either.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I haven't experienced anything like what you're describing in S5 or S6 with or without DSC active. I do notice a difference in S5 and S6 with DSC off with the FAMS tune, doesn't feel like it's stuck in S6 at all.
This is Craze's experience....not mine. Just looking for confirmation from @InfinityDesign before I buy...since FAMS came from Infinity Design's tune.

Reactions: NoVA8675309

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
This is Craze's experience....not mine. Just looking for confirmation from @InfinityDesign before I buy...since FAMS came from Infinity Design's tune.
If I were you I would make the time to drive down to Frank Smith here in MD and get a proper dyno tune locally since you're not that far. Just an opinion though..

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I've never had anyone complain about this in all the time I've offered it.
I believe that there is a likelyhood that it is e 100% true.
My take on it if Jim was offering a problem free tune regardless of prior tunes that any customer had, and it was matter of just taking money for a fully developed problem free tune, he would still be selling it, who wouldn’t?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe that there is a likelyhood that it is e 100% true.
My take on it if Jim was offering a problem free tune regardless of prior tunes that any customer had, and it was matter of just taking money for a fully developed problem free tune, he would still be selling it, who wouldn’t?
He exited the scene and stopped trading. I don't think it would have made a difference if it was the best tune in the world, he would still have stopped selling it.

·
Registered
2006 M5
374 Posts
He exited the scene and stopped trading. I don't think it would have made a difference if it was the best tune in the world, he would still have stopped selling it.
That's the same vibe I got from our last email conversation. He said he was overseas somewhere in the Mediterranean I think doing something totally unrelated to cars and had no plans to continue fams.

·
2,847 Posts
Have chatted with Sal from Infinity a few times and was very impressed. Just placed my order with Abdul from M Power Motorsports since I’m getting test pipes installed very soon. Currently have a FAMS tune on a stock car and will share my experiences which I’m sure will be great.
Now this is a comparison we're all interested in. Assuming you had fams latest updates that is. Although @InfinityDesign suggested little/no changes for those of us with fams.

·
Registered
231 Posts
One other quick question - @InfinityDesign do you still make the headers for these cars? And, if so, how different are they (if at all) from the Evolve headers? Quickly checked to see if they were available but did not find anything right away.

·
Registered
93 Posts
One other quick question - @InfinityDesign do you still make the headers for these cars? And, if so, how different are they (if at all) from the Evolve headers? Quickly checked to see if they were available but did not find anything right away.
Hi,

Our headers are still in production.
They differ in that our primaries are very close to equal length. As a result the engine retains the V10 sound track. Throttle response at low rpm is better as it partial load torque.
With headers which are not equal length such the Supersprint / Evolve / Agency Power, the sound track changes with more of a V8 type sound track.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,

Our headers are still in production.
They differ in that our primaries are very close to equal length. As a result the engine retains the V10 sound track. Throttle response at low rpm is better as it partial load torque.
With headers which are not equal length such the Supersprint / Evolve / Agency Power, the sound track changes with more of a V8 type sound track.
I will be making a video of the sound of the version3 headers on danny's car when we are finished with it

·
Registered
382 Posts

We will be selling the Infinity Design headers as well. So you can reach out to me and I'll take care of you. Thanks.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts