BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello as the title says I'm looking for an indy shop recommendation to install rod bearings and rod bolts and possible cost? I got my own parts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Where are you in OC?

Check out Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa. I use OMS down in Oceanside, because I used to live in North County. OMS is also finishing much of my track build. OMS's link is in my signature.

OMS and Bullet work closely together on some things -- my track build, being one of them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just an FYI JP's Just quoted me $6k in Labor Alone!!!!!! May as well send the car to TroyJeup and get a 0 mile put in for not much more. Still making calls just wanna keep you all appraised.

·
Registered
243 Posts
On the phone w/ EAS now. Price is $2795 including all parts and Labor!!!!!! I'm on hold getting a Labor Only quote now.
$2000 Labor Only

Much better deal than JP's

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
On the phone w/ EAS now. Price is $2795 including all parts and Labor!!!!!! I'm on hold getting a Labor Only quote now.
$2000 Labor Only

Much better deal than JP's
You're lucky. Up here in NorCal, from a reputable shop, you won't find a rod bearing job cheaper than ~$3500. Silicon Valley is expensive as hell.

I had setup a GB earlier this year for rod bearing jobs with the premier BMW indy shop in the area for $3600 OTD parts and labor (WPC treated bearings and ARP bolts).

·
Registered
243 Posts
I talked to Jp. He quoted as if he was going to pull the motor.
He said bearings only through the pan, $1800.
Why would he quote like he was pulling the motor if I just asked for bearings. I didnt ask for a complete rebuild. What it equated to was that he didnt want to do the job. Everyone else that I called has given me a price for a through the Pan Job. so why would he automatically go w/ the higher price unless he didnt want the business. I know you are just defending your chosen shop. I'm just stating that I did not have a good experience or first impression. Other shops have done much better by me. When you are talking about working on a 10k motor u should be confident in who you choose to do it. I was not confident in them after that call.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You're lucky. Up here in NorCal, from a reputable shop, you won't find a rod bearing job cheaper than ~$3500. Silicon Valley is expensive as hell.

I had setup a GB earlier this year for rod bearing jobs with the premier BMW indy shop in the area for $3600 OTD parts and labor (WPC treated bearings and ARP bolts).
Sounds like you may be better off making the 5 hour drive to Socal. Spend the weekend and enjoy the DAMN HEAT then head back north when the car is done. Even the 3 tanks of gas it will take u and a hotl room is worth the $900 of getting it done up there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts