BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my beast (2010 E60 M5) needs to have the throttle actuators done --- any recommendations on a good indy shop on the Westside of Los Angeles that knows these cars?

Codes showing:
  • 2B2D: Throttle Valve Initialization Bank 2
  • 2B22: Throttle Valve Actuator Predrive Check Bank 2 (P161F Thottle valve actuator spring test malfunction during opening (Bank 2))
  • 2B57: Motor Emergency Program Activated
Seems to trigger on every cold start, dropping the car into limp mode. Running the engine for a few minutes, clearing the codes, and restarting seems to clear things up until the next cold start.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Contact S85 SoCal. His name is Alex and is awesome with these cars if you’re not mechanically inclined. His latest work on my car was rewiring my seat harness to accommodate Recaro’s.

He is known as idev326 here on M5Board. He was even able to do an SMG to 6MT swap in his drive way. His IG link is below

2010 E60 M5 • Space Grey

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are you getting new/replacement TAs from?
Turners has new TAs for $550. Was planning to get them from there.

I’d enjoy doing the wrenching but we don’t have the space for work like this. So a shop it is.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
You can get them from spareto for US$900 a pair, shipped. Note VAT is deleted when shipping to US.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks @flacoramos - I'll check out spareto.
Looks like prices went up over the weekend.
Now TAs are $550/ea on Spareto and $615/ea at Turner.

@5MOKED - I did get in touch with S85 SoCal, thanks for the intro.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, got it, baking the VAT into the display price is a little confusing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
mcwoods
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing