BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I am looking for some Indy Red interior pics. I have seen a couple, but would love to see more. Before anyone dares: Yes, I have seen Ashok's pimped out red alcantara hmmm... If any of the members have indy red interior, please care to post.

Regards :byebye: ,
Pete
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
StealthBlue said:
Thanks for the pics, M5-black. Now, I'm curious, what is that envelope (pasted on the windshield) on the second picture- car's registration?

Pete
In Ireland we have to display, a Tax Disk (showing Motor Tax details) and an insurance disk - showing insurance details. The Police often have checkpoints where they stop you and check these disks - if you don't have one or it's out of date - well its time for a fine.

It gets worse when its an older car, for which have to display ther National Car Test cert - so you end up with this envelope things on the windscreen full of paper disks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
m5-black said:
In Ireland we have to display, a Tax Disk (showing Motor Tax details) and an insurance disk - showing insurance details. The Police often have checkpoints where they stop you and check these disks - if you don't have one or it's out of date - well its time for a fine.

It gets worse when its an older car, for which have to display ther National Car Test cert - so you end up with this envelope things on the windscreen full of paper disks.
Ah I see. They should probably upgrade to those stickers with holograms instead of those big envelopes- or something along those lines. :3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
They have a similar system in France and they really should adopt it over here as well. We have so many uninsured & unlicensed motorists it's a disgrace. Of course, our government would rather just install more speed cameras that do NOTHING to reduce accidents or bad driving :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,723 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
They have a similar system in France and they really should adopt it over here as well. We have so many uninsured & unlicensed motorists it's a disgrace. Of course, our government would rather just install more speed cameras that do NOTHING to reduce accidents or bad driving :mad:
We have the same problem with the unlicensed and uninsured. But each of us insured carries uninsured motorist coverage insurance to cover the unisured. Do you have that? And we don't have any disc or labels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
m5-black said:
Not the best pics,but here you go.
Are you sure the colors in those pictures are right? Maybe something wrong with thte digital cam or something. I've seen Indianapolis red and it didn't look anywhere near as bright red as in those pictures. It was a much darker tin of red.

Here are pics of member Luzius's M6 with Silverstone ext and Indy red int.
http://homepage.mac.com/cameronl/Cars/PhotoAlbum59.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
gosh i would love to get the M6, but the problem is i have a family and need a 4 door car. technically i can get the M6 and use my parents Audi A8 or VW Toureg, but it just doesn't sound right.....having your own(4 door car) is different. I guess it's a fact that i have always been used to driving 2 door cars(E36 M3, E46 M3 and Carrera 4S) ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
frylord said:
Are you sure the colors in those pictures are right? Maybe something wrong with thte digital cam or something. I've seen Indianapolis red and it didn't look anywhere near as bright red as in those pictures. It was a much darker tin of red.

Here are pics of member Luzius's M6 with Silverstone ext and Indy red int.
http://homepage.mac.com/cameronl/Cars/PhotoAlbum59.html
Thanks for the pics, indeed the red in the m6 seems a bit more subtle... Might be the lighting conditions or the camara as you mentioned. Unless they are sneaking some imola into the m5's!! hmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
m5-black,

if possible, can you take an outdoor pic under natural lighting conditions w/o flash? something like the M6 pictured below... I'd love to see a more accurate representation of the color. Indy red as shown on this M6 is so..... choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
I am also trying to determine the differences between the Imolared(M3),Indi red,and the Chateau(645).If the pictures from the M6 above are more accurate and less like the bright red on the M5 from Ireland,then I would probably elect to go with the Indi red,Saphire exterior,and aluminum trim as opposed to a black interior.Black on black is so common(I have a 2002 911 twin turbo with that combination)that I really wanted to try and go with something more unique(I also have a 2002 Lemans Blue/caramel M5 ).Any suggestions?Any feedback would be appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
rob1 said:
I am also trying to determine the differences between the Imolared(M3),Indi red,and the Chateau(645).If the pictures from the M6 above are more accurate and less like the bright red on the M5 from Ireland,then I would probably elect to go with the Indi red,Saphire exterior,and aluminum trim as opposed to a black interior.Black on black is so common(I have a 2002 911 twin turbo with that combination)that I really wanted to try and go with something more unique(I also have a 2002 Lemans Blue/caramel M5 ).Any suggestions?Any feedback would be appreciated!
Outside in daylight my cars interior looks the same as the picture of the m6 shown above - its just in my very dark garage I had to use Flash which makes it look vividly red.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top