BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Individual brochure:

Full Platinum leather interior with Piano Black wood trim

I beginning to like the extended leather more and more as the leather on the side consoles and map pockets is a bit overwhelming :3:

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I really like that though ashok :)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
SiGreen said:
I Bet it would show the dirt though:confused2
Agreed. Very rich looking colour combination be definitely one you will really need to care for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ashok

I chose not to get the full leather as I often have my son in the front with me and his feet can just reach the glove box and dash, so he likes to try and slid down the seat to put his feet on the glove box, not going to keep the leather mark free for long. Also the backs of the front seats have leather on, not sure what parts or how much, but again the same applies. Also I have often caught my foot on the bottom of the door whilst getting out without the door being fully opened, say in a car park with small spaces. One thing I must take my hat off to the US for, making all the parking spaces I saw big enough to park a truck in.

This is why I changed from red leather as it was only available in full. Also its the only option the dealer said I would get no residual value from, other than making the more saleable.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
From the Individual brochure:

Full Platinum leather interior with Piano Black wood trim

I beginning to like the extended leather more and more as the leather on the side consoles and map pockets is a bit overwhelming :3:

woooow

Thaks Ashok :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes Gustav it is.

Here is a picture of an Individual E60 (not M5) with extended Champagne leather and Walnut Amarone trim. Note the extended leather does not have Champagne leather on the door map pockets or sides of the centre console (no alcantara headlining either):

Individual colours are so much better than the stock colours which is a shame for those who don't want to fork out the extra money to get decent interiors :grrrr:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sorry but for the price BMW is charging for the individual option unless you intend to keep the car for a long time you are throwing lots of money down the drain.

·
Registered
559 Posts
JohnH said:
Sorry but for the price BMW is charging for the individual option unless you intend to keep the car for a long time you are throwing lots of money down the drain.
We're still doing well compared to Porsche buyers who have to pay through the nose to get things we consider standard equipment.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
559 Posts
vndkshn said:
I gotta say... I kinda dig it too. Now... if I can just keep the kids out of the car...
They should really offer some sort of clear cover for those who have little ones running about.:blink:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John - I agree that you'll never get the money back but I plan to keep the car as long as my E39 and ENJOY it :wroom:

I'm going with Cinnamon seats and the Anthracite Alcantara headliner as these are relatively chocolate proof ??????

Can you imagine that Platinum headlining with kids!?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts