BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I absolutely need to get this color! anyone please confirm for me the color. I read on this forum that it was "Azzurit Blau" can anyone confirm?
Paint code? any help is appreciated.

The pics are from the Geneva show on a 330 individual.

TIA

--aris--

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: INDIVIDUALity

That is Blue Onyx. The paint code is S11 (I think).
No question about it, I'm 100% positive that color is Blue Onyx.
If you get that color, POST PICS!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

bimmer4me said:
That is Blue Onyx. The paint code is S11 (I think).
No question about it, I'm 100% positive that color is Blue Onyx.
If you get that color, POST PICS!!!
I thought so too because of the individual website (Blue onyx is the closest to that color on that site) but I've seen other pics of Blue Onyx and its not as metallic and not quite as dark.

But I could be wrong, what makes you so sure it Blue Onyx?

Cheers
--aris--

·
Registered
3 Posts

spartan said:
I thought so too because of the individual website (Blue onyx is the closest to that color on that site) but I've seen other pics of Blue Onyx and its not as metallic and not quite as dark.

But I could be wrong, what makes you so sure it Blue Onyx?

Cheers
--aris--
Are you sure the other pics where of Blue Onyx? There is a color called Night Blue or Nachtblau many people confuse with Blue Onyx. Blue Onyx is a tad bluer than Carbon Black. I was very very very seriously thinking of going Individual and getting this color for my new 330i. I did too much research and too many people saying that the exact pics you posted stated it was Blue Onyx. It's a new Individual color and BMW apparently put it on the e90 for display at the Geneva show in March.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

bimmer4me said:
Are you sure the other pics where of Blue Onyx? There is a color called Night Blue or Nachtblau many people confuse with Blue Onyx. Blue Onyx is a tad bluer than Carbon Black. I was very very very seriously thinking of going Individual and getting this color for my new 330i. I did too much research and too many people saying that the exact pics you posted stated it was Blue Onyx. It's a new Individual color and BMW apparently put it on the e90 for display at the Geneva show in March.
Yeah, you're right because its so new its hard to say what it is. I have also heard this color is Blue Onyx but let me show you the thread that makes me skeptical:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51664&highlight=onyx+blue

further its hard to believe someone would just make up the name azzurit blue since I've never seen it before. But who knows?

Love the feedbank, thanks

--aris--

·
Registered
3 Posts

spartan said:
Yeah, you're right because its so new its hard to say what it is. I have also heard this color is Blue Onyx but let me show you the thread that makes me skeptical:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51664&highlight=onyx+blue

further its hard to believe someone would just make up the name azzurit blue since I've never seen it before. But who knows?

Love the feedbank, thanks

--aris--
Yes, I've seen that thread before, but I still sure that beautiful color is Blue Onyx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

bimmer4me said:
Yes, I've seen that thread before, but I still sure that beautiful color is Blue Onyx.
I've emailed BMW GMBH and we'll see what they say (though I am skeptical they will give me a good answer).

Keep the feedback coming,

--aris--

·
Registered
714 Posts

searched a little and here's some Paint Codes
Aeagean Blue Metallic: 336.
Alpine White: 300.
Atlantis Metallic: 399.
Avus Blue Metallic: 276.
Black Sapphire: 475.
Carbon Black Metallic: 416
Cosmos Black: 303.
Dakar Yellow: 267/337.
Diamond Black: 181.
Estoril Blue Mettalic: 335.
Grey Green Metallic: 442.
Imola Red 11: 405.
Interlagos Blue: A30 (Club Sport Package only).
Japan Red (Electric): 438.
Jet Black: 668.
Laguna Seca Blue: 448 Discontinued from 2004.
Light Yellow: 376.

Montreal Blue Metallic: 297.
Mora Metallic: 359.
Mystic Blue Metallic: A07.
Onyx Blue Mettalic: S11. <---------------------------------------*
Orient Blue: 317.
Oxford Green11 Metallic: 430 Discontinued from 2004.
Phoenix Yellow Metallic: 445.
Sepia Metallic: 474.
Silver Grey Metallic: A08.
Steel Blue Metallic: 372.
Steel Grey Metallic: 400 Discontinued from 2003.
Sterling Grey: 472.
Techno Violet Mettalic: 299.
Titanium Silver Metallic: 354.
Topaz Blue Metallic: 364 Discontinued from 2003.
Tourmaline Violet: 897.
Velvet Blue Metallic: 379.

you can play with the BMW individual configurator and see:
http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/equipment/individual/index.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Great list, I had seen similar lists but this is the most extensive so far. Where is Silverstone tho? It seems that it must be Onyx blue unless it is some other color not listed here. I will continue to search, but can we rule out montreal blue? (never even heard of this before)

great find. :2:

--aris--

M! said:
searched a little and here's some Paint Codes
Aeagean Blue Metallic: 336.
Alpine White: 300.
Atlantis Metallic: 399.
Avus Blue Metallic: 276.
Black Sapphire: 475.
Carbon Black Metallic: 416
Cosmos Black: 303.
Dakar Yellow: 267/337.
Diamond Black: 181.
Estoril Blue Mettalic: 335.
Grey Green Metallic: 442.
Imola Red 11: 405.
Interlagos Blue: A30 (Club Sport Package only).
Japan Red (Electric): 438.
Jet Black: 668.
Laguna Seca Blue: 448 Discontinued from 2004.
Light Yellow: 376.

Montreal Blue Metallic: 297.
Mora Metallic: 359.
Mystic Blue Metallic: A07.
Onyx Blue Mettalic: S11. <---------------------------------------*
Orient Blue: 317.
Oxford Green11 Metallic: 430 Discontinued from 2004.
Phoenix Yellow Metallic: 445.
Sepia Metallic: 474.
Silver Grey Metallic: A08.
Steel Blue Metallic: 372.
Steel Grey Metallic: 400 Discontinued from 2003.
Sterling Grey: 472.
Techno Violet Mettalic: 299.
Titanium Silver Metallic: 354.
Topaz Blue Metallic: 364 Discontinued from 2003.
Tourmaline Violet: 897.
Velvet Blue Metallic: 379.

you can play with the BMW individual configurator and see:
http://www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/equipment/individual/index.html

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

I'm also quite positive that it's Onyx Blue, maybe Ashok could help you out on this one, he is the color expert on this board. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

jos said:
I'm also quite positive that it's Onyx Blue, maybe Ashok could help you out on this one, he is the color expert on this board. ;)
I sent him a PM, haven't heard back yet but I imagine he gets swamped with them everyday so if I don't hear back I'll try again in a day or so.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts

spartan said:
I sent him a PM, haven't heard back yet but I imagine he gets swamped with them everyday so if I don't hear back I'll try again in a day or so.
I'm sure that he'll answer your question, give the guy some time. :)

·
Registered
867 Posts

To put everyone's minds at rest the E90 at Geneva was Azzurit Blue - it's a new Individual colour and looks FABULOUS! The reason I know is that I wanted to see Onyx on a car at the show and there weren't any. Azzurit has a beautiful sparkle effect - more than any of the other blue/black variants

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

Aris - I did send you a PM with the following picture.

Here is a picture of Onyx Blue:

I agree that it's very silly the way that BMW have so many shades of Blue, especially when the standard M5/M6 colour choice is so dismal :confused:

It's hard to tell much from a photo so, wherever possible, try and see a car in the flesh before choosing a colour.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Oops, thanks! :byebye:Great pic. What is your opnion on the Geneva 330i individual was that Azzurit, Gus seems to know, but it's always good to have confirmation. Onyx looks very beautiful too, the two are my current favorites along with malachite.

Ashok Arora said:

I agree that it's very silly the way that BMW have so many shades of Blue, especially when the standard M5/M6 colour choice is so dismal :confused:

It's hard to tell much from a photo so, wherever possible, try and see a car in the flesh before choosing a colour.

·
Registered
540 Posts

It is Azzurit Blue which was launched with the new 3 Series Individual programme

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

SuperBMW said:
It is Azzurit Blue which was launched with the new 3 Series Individual programme
Please tell me you know the color code!?lovelovelovelovelovelove

·
Registered
103 Posts

Ashok Arora said:

Thats not Onyx Blue thats Night Blue...definitely

(I happen to own a Night Blue M3 ;) )

That Z4 is optioned out with the Individual Maritime Equipment Package...which are always speced Night Blue exterior, Champagne Interior, with the Maritime Wood trim. The Maritime Equipment is available on the Z4, 7, and X5. See: http://www.bmw.com/generic/com/en/products/equipment/individual/ or the New site with the new colors: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/index_highend.html?prm_content=../../com/en/newvehicles/mseries/m5individual/2004/_highend/xml/visualizer.xml

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts

Gustav said:
Nachtblau M: how did you get to order a Individual M3 in the USA? Big hassle or?
I order my vehicles through Diplomatic Sales (no dealing with BMW NA). Orders are processed for a U.S. Specification vehicle through BMW AG...allowing me to take part in the Individual Program without having NA get iinvolved...and denying my order. I have more pics of my M3 if you'd like to see them Gustav.

I have just placed an order for a Individual E60 M5 (Composition One) as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts