BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share this with you guys:

The top car is Blue Onyx and the one below is Malachite Green.

I'll post the rest of the pages on this thread in the next couple of days.

:cheers:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very arty-farty as usual:

Blue Onyx coupe:

Malachite Green convertible:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Interior in Platinum:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

"...or else as the exclusive BMW Individual paint finish Blue Onyx metallic on the surface of the BMW Individual 6 series. Incidentally, the wavelength of this colour is approximately 400 nanometres - just in case the heart touched by this fascinating shade of blue would like to know."

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Full Champagne Merino leather interior:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Last three std. finishes here are A14 Mineral Silver, 440 Stratus Grey, 894 Chiaretto Red:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ashok,

I have this Individual brochure too, very nice with the hardcover. :byee55amg

·
Registered
816 Posts
I think darker exterior colours (but not black) seem to suit the 6 series better.

What do you think guys? I have a whole year ahead of me to solve the problem of what colour exterior and interior colour for my M6. Onyx blue is very nice. On the other hand, the only light colour I like is mineral silver, the lightest of the silver range.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Ashok,
I really like Blue Onyx- I think you've got the right idea. How about this for a M6 blue onyx license plate: M E63 400nM (is that the right abbreviation for nanometers?) Or just call the car "shorty" for a short wavelength?! ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
M6 Forever said:
I think darker exterior colours (but not black) seem to suit the 6 series better.

What do you think guys? I have a whole year ahead of me to solve the problem of what colour exterior and interior colour for my M6. Onyx blue is very nice. On the other hand, the only light colour I like is mineral silver, the lightest of the silver range.
IMHO neither blue Onyx nor Malachite green suits the M6; both colours are too elegant, too less sporty. I'm at a loss what colour to choose for my M6. The 5 colours I take into consideration are Indianapolis red, Interlagos blue, Silverstone II, Silver grey and Stratus grey, but I'm not convinced of any of these colours so far. I have to see these colours on the car for real and not on pics to make a final decision.:confused:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi,
we used to have a `87 or `88 525i in malachit green. So this seems to be
a quite individual colour nowadays.... hiha hiha

Anyways, very interesting brochure. Thanks alot, Ashok :thumbsup:

dorsel

·
Registered
816 Posts
Autobahnraser said:
IMHO neither blue Onyx nor Malachite green suits the M6; both colours are too elegant, too less sporty. I'm at a loss what colour to choose for my M6. The 5 colours I take into consideration are Indianapolis red, Interlagos blue, Silverstone II, Silver grey and Stratus grey, but I'm not convinced of any of these colours so far. I have to see these colours on the car for real and not on pics to make a final decision.:confused:
Agree. While the dark colours are nice, they give the M6 elegant feel. I think you might like Interlagos Blue, which is probably the most sporty, also black and Indi.Red. I quite like Mineral Silver, which is what I'll get if I don't decide on a dark colour.

I've also believed in seeing colours on REAL cars, and not pictures and not computers, but this is often not possible.

Let us know how you go. You're lucky to be amongst the very first in the world to take delivery in Germany. Enjoy! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
369 Posts
very nice, thanks

i love these bmw individual cars. on most normal bmw i dont like the interior quality but on these i simply love it. is it just me?

but i can't stand one thing on the 6series: the seats look like the same seats as in the e46 / 3series. am i right? definately there is no option for comfort seats. why?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts