BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 green indicator lights left however it has been ~5k since my last oil change. I am wondering how many miles I have left until Inspection II if I drive fairly easy...trying to see if I should wait for oil change through Inspection II or if I should just do it myself...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Search and the manny in the glove box would answer this.

15k miles for oil changes. 1st inspection 30k, 2nd 60k.

·
10,456 Posts
if you have 3 green lights left, it's going to be a while for your next service. If you drive easy, and plan on keeping the car long term, it's probably a good idea to do an oil change about halfway thru the light's schedule, which works out to every 6-8k miles depending on conditions.

You don't mention how many miles you have, but for me, inspection 2 came up around 52k miles.
Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply...I have 49,500 miles currently. So I think I can make the bars last to 54,000.

Thanks again

·
10,456 Posts
Ag02M5 said:
I have 59k miles and still 2 bars!!!!

I want my beast serviced!

What is the most bars people have had and gotten for Inp. 1 or 2?

Thanks.

Ryan

If you're paying, your dealership will do it anytime. If you're trying to get it covered under the maintanence plan, the dealer won't do it until the yellow (in general).
It's funny how the 'no maintanance' attitude changes when it's your dime... extra oil/gearbox/diff/coolant changes are "a good idea."
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts