BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Now I am incredibly psyched about ordering that color!!! What's with the tire cupping, though? More than an alignment problem? cherrsagai

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
zzzzMD said:
Now I am incredibly psyched about ordering that color!!! What's with the tire cupping, though? More than an alignment problem? cherrsagai
No it is just Sabine trying to make me soil my pants. She went though a good few set of tyres through the day. Sabine would get out of the car and just say to one of the BMW guys "This one is finished, next one".

They had a Silver E60 M5 as well and it was alternated between the whole day.

Poor Sabine, when I got into the car at 12.40pm she said to me, "I am hurgry, it's lunchtime in German now". 9am to 5pm if I was not wrong, she had a 1 hour lunch brake. Otherwise one after another she took people around, 2 laps each group.

Got my shirt signed by her as well as a photo Sabine and I out on track. One day I won't forget too soon. lovelove

·
Registered
764 Posts
I ordered red/red, going against my better, i.e., low-profile, judgment. I've had so many black and silver cars, and just wanted a hotter, M-specific (for now) color. What did you think of the car's capabilities on the 'ring? :cool2:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
To tell you the truth it was such a nice ride and it handled so well that I was thinking that we must not be going that fast. That is until I looked at the speedo at the end of the stright and saw 140mph and her braking hard into a coner taking it at 90mph.

When you take into account it had 3 passengers and it is essentially a executive 4 door saloon it just blows your mind the speed it accelerates and how it takes coners. The grip as well is just insane, Sabine had TC off as you can see with the photos of the tyres but everytime you think the car is going to let go it just won't. Only at the last minute will it kick out and Sabine would camly drift it around the corner.

I have never experienced such speed and conering in a saloon car that is for sure. :confused3

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
zzzzMD said:
My gawd...it is so pathetic that BMW won't design in major camber adjustability. It this car was set up with 2.5 or 3.0 degrees of negative camber, this tire disaster wouldn't be a concern! As always, a good set of camber plates are going to be required for serious track work!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Great photos - thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures. The are awesome. Looks like you had a great day.

You know, with Sabine at the wheel - that E60 M5 looks pretty good!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts