BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had an evosport pulley put on and had before and after dynos done. Showed basically no gain from the pulley. I'm pretty disappointed and would advise other readers to not bother with this mod. The risk to your warranty plus the costs do not justify the minute gains. The solid line is with the pulley installed, the dashed line just below it is with tune and exhaust but no pulley.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
you didn't feel any better responsiveness down low in the motor? Ive heard the engine revs with much more ease in that 2-4k range

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, I noticed a bit more throttle responsiveness in P400...that's about it. Not worth $500+/- after install plus warranty risk IMO.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Also, to be clear, I'm not saying this has anything to do with evosport specifically. I think this will be the case with any aftermarket pulley you put on this car. I can only assume since evosport's pulley is supposedly one of the most aggressive that the rest of the pulleys available will have similar or worse results.

-Eddie

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hopefully, if you are going to 'use' the pulley (i.e. race), you turn off the AC. As AC draws 5 or 10 times any possible pulley HP savings.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Most modern vehicles have an auto AC shutoff setting in the tune where if you go over X amount of throttle or X engine rpms then the AC is disabled temporarily until you go back below the "reactivate" threshold settings. I would venture that the BMW M6 is probably no different.

·
8,369 Posts
That is the exact reason why I decided not to do the pulley mod.

Very small power gains according to what I've read and I didnt want to risk my warranty.

Thanks for sharing your own experience with it.

Just had an evosport pulley put on and had before and after dynos done. Showed basically no gain from the pulley. I'm pretty disappointed and would advise other readers to not bother with this mod. The risk to your warranty plus the costs do not justify the minute gains. The solid line is with the pulley installed, the dashed line just below it is with tune and exhaust but no pulley.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

Very small power gains according to what I've read and I didnt want to risk my warranty.

+1

·
Registered
55 Posts

+2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts