BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Anyone know what the best mods are to do on a 1995 3.8 to increase performance? Superchipping a good idea? Supercharging? Nothing, just leave it as standard?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
[email protected]
keep it as it is or make it work perfect first :byebye:
-
any serious attemp to increase power be ready to spend $$$$$$ or ££££££ :confused2
-
any 'fancy trim' will kill your engine, weight-tuning is cheapest, transplant your engine into a E30 M3 or a E60 V10 into your E34 M5
-
my personal favourit, make it work as it was supposed to and it will be a LOT faster then many WANNABEES swith trim-chips -
= my very personal view only :byebye: :wroom:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Go on a track day or even better, one of those driving schools, as many people who've been on them say that their increased ability to control and handle a car was a better investment that most modifications.

You see that all the time at the 'ring, for example our little Toyota Corolla VVTI (189bhp Celica Engine, 3 big blokes and all our camping gear!) catching up and harassing a M-Coupe (one driver, 321Bhp) in the dry!

No good for drag races, but they get boring anyway, corners are the new black!

I leant more in 20 mins with Matt Becker driving me around Rockingham in a 911 Turbo than in three years of me owning a daily driver M5!

Ivan.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
IvanDias said:
Go on a track day or even better, one of those driving schools, as many people who've been on them say that their increased ability to control and handle a car was a better investment that most modifications.

You see that all the time at the 'ring, for example our little Toyota Corolla VVTI (189bhp Celica Engine, 3 big blokes and all our camping gear!) catching up and harassing a M-Coupe (one driver, 321Bhp) in the dry!

No good for drag races, but they get boring anyway, corners are the new black!

I leant more in 20 mins with Matt Becker driving me around Rockingham in a 911 Turbo than in three years of me owning a daily driver M5!

Ivan.

Yes
Thats a fact.
Driver training can allow you to extract the true potential from you & your car.
If you've got some ability, driver coaching is money well spent.

I was very fortunate to get vast amounts of FREE driver training in my old Job.
It took some of the of the rougher edges off my driving & there were a lot.
I got some real value time with Paul Ripley & the Guys at Mira too.
I loved it... & miss it a lot.

Anyway, we can easily get hung up on power but as many Forum members have stated here before, a chasis & std engine in good working condition is the way forward.

Farrell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts