BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was driving today and just left my house and engine was still not at operating temperature but i was not beating on the car, and just driving normal. I got an increased emissions check engine light with no loss of power. I don't have bmw software but just a basic code reader and p0420 and p0430 popped up as which is Efficiency Below Threshold bank 1 and bank 2. I had a couple of questions trying to diagnose this. At first i thought clogged cat or bad 02 sensor but its throwing a code for both banks. Do you think its something else like a lose intake? Whats you input. Im currently laid off so trying to stay away from the dealership would help out a lot with moneys. Car has 64k miles stock except section 3 straight pipes. Thank you

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i heard old batteries mess with electronics. my vehicle is a 2006 with which i believe the oem battery from the factory. could that be the issue??

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had the same issue for years and ignored it for many years until I finally got around to it and replaced the two downstream (rear O2's) and problem gone.

Places like Partsgeek.com have them much cheaper vs. the dealership...shop around :cool:

Hope this helps :cool2:

Thanks,
Hard5 :M5rev:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts