BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting a thread because this seems to be an issue I couldn't find anything about.

So in another thread I asked about the increased emissions warning with the yellow engine light. That would only happen when in M mode. It was taken to the Indy after this problem and they reset the code. After this, I still kept getting the code right after driving in M mode. I would reset the car and it would go away. Five days ago, the code went on and wouldn't go away again, so I thought I'd have to take it in again. I was getting increased emissions but no reduced power. (Problem was originally diagnosed as two misfires in cylinder 8). Tonight I start the car to go out to dinner and the warning is gone???? :confused2

On top of that: Had the car out last night. When I started the car tonight, everything on the speedometer location mini screen is in kilometers???? I'm so confused! Had the car valeted last night but still had the problem with the warning light and don't recall seeing the miles as kilometers.

So tonight, I went to the iDrive menu and it was still set to miles!!! I clicked on it again and it went back to normal even though miles was already selected.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had the same issue with intermittent emissions warnings going on and off. My issue was a bad thermostat witch fixed it. You may have other things going on and as you know many things can cause an emissions light to trigger.

·
Registered
6 Posts
fuel sensor was my culprit. run the codes and you'll see what it is... fuel pressure, (fuel sensor) cats or whatever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts