BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Picked my beast up from the dealer today. Had nearly all fluids drained and replaced, some other odds & ends, & new tires.

When reviewing my paperwork this evening, the power steer flush reads that they used part 83-29-0-429-576 hydraulic fluid CHF 11.

My question is whether anyone can confirm for me that this is the correct fluid for the M5? I know it uses a different fluid than all other 5's.

I've put 150 miles on the car and no issues, but I want to ensure as the original SA quoted me incorrect pricing due to pricing the wrong fluid prior to bringing the car in for service.

Any quick advice is appreciated.

RW

·
Registered
407 Posts
CHF 11S and CHF 7.1 can both be used. Both are made by Pentosin. I use 11S, because it is synthetic and 7.1 is mineral based.

Use CHF 11S as it is OEM. Mixing fluids may cause seals to wear. :wrench:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. I don't want to second guess the dealer (they performed the service), but mistakes can happen. Based on my part number and description taken directly from my receipt you feel they used the right fluid? Is there a significance in the "11s" that you mentioned vs the "11" on my receipt? Thx for the reply. I can enjoy my beast now!! :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cool thanks. I don't want to second guess the dealer (they performed the service), but mistakes can happen. Based on my part number and description taken directly from my receipt you feel they used the right fluid? Is there a significance in the "11s" that you mentioned vs the "11" on my receipt? Thx for the reply. I can enjoy my beast now!! :)
I understand, I have seen a dealership put M5 rotors on BACKWARDS. We are all in this together.. lol

Yes, the 5 Series and M5 utilize the same power steering pump and reservoir, and both use 11S.

And CHF 11 and 11S is the same thing; just "CHF 11" does not exist. If you really want to put this to rest, next time you are at the stealership, bring the part number, or just ask the parts dude for your power steering fluid and he should bring out a green tin 1 Liter bottle of Pentosin CHF-11S

:cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I get that and my brake fluid off amazon.com, I'm a prime member so its like 12 bucks. :grinyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts