BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2003 M5 last fall, I started to research which short shifter I wanted to buy. I decided on the UUC brand shifter with DSSR. While checking eBay for E39 stuff, I stumbled across a new DSSR for a few dollars less than retail, so I bought it. I then ordered and received my UUC short shifter. When I was having both installed, it became obvious that the DSSR that I bought from eBay was missing the pins, circlips, and washers. I contacted the eBay seller and he contacted Rob at UUC. At that point I had no idea how expensive the missing parts might be so I offered to pay half the cost of the missing parts. The eBay seller, who I think is a member of this board, got back to me the next day and said he explained the situation to Rob who said "No problem". Rob sent me the missing parts FREE! He even paid for shipping.

<O:p</O:p
Now that’s what I call customer service. Well done Rob. :applause:
I was so taken with Rob’s great customer service that I just ordered the Corsa mufflers from him. When it’s time to replace my clutch, UUC will be at the top of my list.
Regards,
Alberta Alex

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
How do you like the feel of the shifting now? Was there an increase in notchiness or is it smooth?

And yea, that is nice customer service!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you like the feel of the shifting now? Was there an increase in notchiness or is it smooth?

And yea, that is nice customer service!
It is a bit notchier, but the throw is much shorter. It has a nice mechanical feel to it now. The rather rubbery feeling of the OEM shifter is gone. It also feels more precise. I found the OEM shifter too vague on the downshifts, especially 5th to 4th. With UUC's shifter, the vagueness is gone. I doubt if I'll ever miss a downshift now. It will be interesting to see if I notice any more difference when I have the DSSR installed.

BTW, the notchiness of the UUC shifter is not nearly as pronounced as my B&M shifter on my Porsche Boxster S.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
It is a bit notchier, but the throw is much shorter. It has a nice mechanical feel to it now. The rather rubbery feeling of the OEM shifter is gone. It also feels more precise. I found the OEM shifter too vague on the downshifts, especially 5th to 4th. With UUC's shifter, the vagueness is gone. I doubt if I'll ever miss a downshift now. It will be interesting to see if I notice any more difference when I have the DSSR installed.

BTW, the notchiness of the UUC shifter is not nearly as pronounced as my B&M shifter on my Porsche Boxster S.
+1
now when you put the dssr in at low speeds just driveing around town nice and easy the shifter will feel a little crunchy.

Also you should buy the clutch stop and the tranny mounts i have the complete uuc drive trian package as seen in my sig

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Please post pictures of the Corsa after the install. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts