BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Finally figured out how to take video off my camera and found these 3 goodies from the Atco track rental earlier this month.

Run up the track and back to the lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV9sgl3nBn0&fmt=18

Boner vs. AJ. The ONE stinkin' run where he beats me, and I caught it on video. What you don't see in the poor resolution is his pumping fist out the window after the racegrrrrrrr

<object height="355" width="425"><object height="355" width="425"> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DwSIrrokJ5k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>This last one is where I almost bite the dust against the wall. Traction good. Spinning tires bad. Funny now, not so much then.
<object height="350" width="425">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mkpTWElGTWo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="350" width="425"> </object>

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ugh. This thread is a mess. Can the mods help me out here. Can't delete the copies of the second and third vids.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
LOL! So AJ is basically stock? Or does he have something else
going on?

I wonder how often people slam into those walls. Seems like it
could be an easy thing to do.

So...what were your times?

·
Registered
458 Posts
going on?

If I'm not mistaken he's got eis-exhaust/software

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
going on?

He has pulleys, AA software, Meisterschaft GT exhaust...think that's it.
Don't take the results of that race too seriously. I spun the tires off the line...and hit the rev limiter twiceouich

Walls have quite a few marks and dings. Guess it happens more than one would like to think:eek:oohhh:

Best run of the day:
http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M5-Timeslip-14761.html

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Don't take the results of that race too seriously. I spun the tires off the line...and hit the rev limiter twiceouich

Walls have quite a few marks and dings. Guess it happens more than one would like to think:eek:oohhh:

Best run of the day:

Wow that's a good run. Thanks for sharing the vids even if they are kinda wacked on the post.:applause:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Wow. Great run! And so close to breaking into the 11s. I wish
there was a way to get better traction. You might need to invest
in some 18's with r-compound or something. You're already
running really wide, right. If I recall 305s?

Best run of the day:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
typically people post videos that make themselves look good. You posted yourself losing to an M6 cab (namely ME) and almost driving your car into the wall. Nonetheless I love the vids

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
typically people post videos that make themselves look good. You posted yourself losing to an M6 cab (namely ME) and almost driving your car into the wall. Nonetheless I love the vids
+1 Definitely appreciate the honesty in the vids. Then again, it would be tough for me to say anything negative about Bonehead. As an MSK rad, I instinctively treat orthopods like gold. :imnotworthy:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1 Definitely appreciate the honesty in the vids. Then again, it would be tough for me to say anything negative about Bonehead. As an MSK rad, I instinctively treat orthopods like gold. :imnotworthy:
Thanks xray. You're an MSK rad?? Awesome! Where did you do your training? Ever heard of Hollis Potter? She's the bomb.

I don't take anything AJ says seriously:hihi: He and I know what happened the rest of the day. (i.e. little indy red speck in my rear view:byee55amg)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Thanks xray. You're an MSK rad?? Awesome! Where did you do your training? Ever heard of Hollis Potter? She's the bomb.

I don't take anything AJ says seriously:hihi: He and I know what happened the rest of the day. (i.e. little indy red speck in my rear view:byee55amg)
I figured you were being nice by not showing vids of you beating the red M6.

I trained right here in Atlanta at Emory under Terry Hudson, who knows Hollis Potter very well. In fact he frequently talked about her when showing us interesting cases.

(Sent you a PM)

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
+2. Even I can't see the video from workplace, but that said it all about bonehead.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Boner were you sleeping at the light ???

·
Registered
162 Posts
That exhaust sounds wicked, what you got? :confused:

·
Moderator Emeritus
915 Posts
Ugh. This thread is a mess. Can the mods help me out here. Can't delete the copies of the second and third vids.
I've removed the duplicates of the 2nd and 3rd videos for you.ouich

Great videos, thanks for sharing, even though you did get smoked by the M6 cab! See if you can link a heart rate monitor to a data logger to overlay on the video, I'd love to see what bpm your heart was going at when you lost traction and headed towards the wall!:eek:oohhh:

I've never done any 1/4mile or drag strip runs in my car yet, just 3 track days safely under my belt. There is quite a famous drag strip in the UK that host bring your own car days, after seeing your videos I think I might have to get along to one of those this Summer.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun.

Way to lay on the waste to the M5s AJ !!! :biggrinbounce::cheers:

Were did you guys pick up your timeslips??

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Nice work Boner and great trap speed! :cheers: Going to the track with 20's and rubberband tires is priceless.:7: Now go get some real tires / wheels and dip deep into the elevens!

Cheers ///

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've removed the duplicates of the 2nd and 3rd videos for you.ouich

Great videos, thanks for sharing, even though you did get smoked by the M6 cab! See if you can link a heart rate monitor to a data logger to overlay on the video, I'd love to see what bpm your heart was going at when you lost traction and headed towards the wall!:eek:oohhh:

I've never done any 1/4mile or drag strip runs in my car yet, just 3 track days safely under my belt. There is quite a famous drag strip in the UK that host bring your own car days, after seeing your videos I think I might have to get along to one of those this Summer.
HUH??? How'd you do that, scoopz??? Thanks! Yeah, not a good feeling when you see a concrete wall fast approaching your front bumper. Should def. try it out. Great mindless fun!

T Bone said:
Looks like a lot of fun.

Way to lay on the waste to the M5s AJ !!! :biggrinbounce::cheers:

Were did you guys pick up your timeslips??
Hey, easy there, TB. One botched run is hardly 'laying waste' to the 5.:3:

Timeslips are printed out at the tree. A PITA to come back around, sort thru the miles of printouts for your slips.

6speed said:
Nice work Boner and great trap speed! :cheers: Going to the track with 20's and rubberband tires is priceless.:7: Now go get some real tires / wheels and dip deep into the elevens!
Thanks. 20's. Priceless, but stupid. Came o-so-close to the 11's. It'll happen...
And thanks for the racing tips on the other thread. Didn't have any Motley Crue, but I did give AJ the finger a number of times:hihi:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts