BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
ReyTech, thank you! I'll find a way to send them safely.
Now I believe that you will be able to get the Inst. Cluster (Original-Apina) from JK if you know who to ask nicely.
The thing is I don't know who I can ask because there are more then 2 people answering to my emails all the time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello There
I am happy that JK got the petition clear, that is a big. Now I believe that you will be able to get the Inst. Cluster (Original-Apina) from JK if you know who to ask nicely.
By the way most of the time sending the parts to CANADA is one thing, but bringing them back could be a little tough since US Custom check them (some times) and if they see that they are NON-USA (DOT/EPA) Parts they may hold them. But good luck…
Best Regards
reytech
By law the importer is REQUIRED to either export the parts or destroy them. There is a very large fine if they are found to not do so.

·
Registered
595 Posts
By law the importer is REQUIRED to either export the parts or destroy them. There is a very large fine if they are found to not do so.
We had the headlights and cluster removed before my cars left Germany. They were then shipped separately and re-installed after the RI released the cars to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
We had the headlights and cluster removed before my cars left Germany. They were then shipped separately and re-installed after the RI released the cars to me.
Very wise decision. I didn't think about that at all and unfortunately I didn't have enough time to take off these parts before shipping the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've read some of the stuff here and don't want to go near US spec etc, but I learned a valuable lesson just last week on different cars of exactly the same make/model in different countries. I've an E39 with a few electrical oddities & grabbed a Bentleys vol.1&2 to help me out. I noticed some differences between my car & the book so dug a bit deeper to find such things as fuse placements & what they are for are completely different to the US spec cars AND Bentleys. It's taken me by surprise to also find that cars for UK, Japan & even South Africa could ALL be different in numerous ways, partly I suggest, something to do with a countries specs.

Whilst this is no major hurdle it can be very confusing and frustrating when trying to work on a car that's been imported and nobody told the person to be aware of such things. If an owner is aware the car is imported when wanting work done... they need to know this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Conversion pics

Here are a couple of pics from a conversion. As of now the work is done except the brake discs which are has to be replaced. JK guys sent me the brakes related parts list and I went for an errors hunting. ;) And the fun part is that they were about to order the brakes discs for a regular 545i.:nono: So I told them that it has to be the discs from E65 B7. :hihi:

Attachments

61 - 68 of 68 Posts