BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, I have been looking at m5's recently and currently have a m3. I am wondering if there are features that are must haves when looking to buy. I live in utah so with the cold, I would prefer heated seats. But I just want to know packages or options that are must haves!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Not many options:
Park distance control
Fold down rear seats
Sunshades
M-audio
The M5 came well equipped. Just buy one already. You'll love it.:M5launch::)

·
Registered
129 Posts
not a package but definitely a must-have particularly where weather can get wet: all-weather floor mats and trunk liner. and an iPod adapter.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Agreed. They were all fully loaded with the exception of the options ECB listed.

When I purchased, PDC and M-Audio were almost essential. I considered cars without PDC, but I really wanted those sensors since I tend to back it in to park. Shades were useless, since I'd tint anyway and it's one more item to break. I feel like the fold down seats would be very helpful if I didn't have a Range to carry crap around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The only options that I wish I had for a while were:

1. Park Distance Control

but now that I have the car I park here pretty much clear of anything so it doesn't matter as much.

2. Fold down rear seats

would seem to be helpful for that once every few months you have to stow something that won't fit in the already sizable trunk. But then again. I have access to a full size pickup and a suburban so it really doesn't matter.

So I am happy with the way my car is. The options would have been nice but not dealbreakers if I had to choose again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like my essentials are the audio (I am a total audiophile) and the fold down seats. I sometiems have the need for skiis (when my wife convinces me to go and risk my life on the slopes)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
looks like my essentials are the audio (I am a total audiophile) and the fold down seats. I sometiems have the need for skiis (when my wife convinces me to go and risk my life on the slopes)
don't let the audio stand in the way of your choice of M5, buy the one with the mileage, condition, and price that satisfies (PPI of course). Any audio shortfalls, and if you are an audiophile there will be some regardless of M audio, can be rectified after purchase. Eg bavsound speakers, subs, MB quart speakers, ipod/intravee.
Have fun, and yes, go out and buy one already. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Also keep in mind that to the best of my knowledge, it is possible to have the center ski pass-thru behind the armrest without having fold-down seats.

My car has both the ski pass-thru and the folding rear seats.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Don't let M-Audio stand in your way: it isn't that good to begin with and most likely you'll end up wanting to upgrade it anyway.

Split fold, PDC, and mileage were the big items for me.

d-

·
Registered
936 Posts
Go for the ski hatch rather than folding seats, just another item to rattle and do your head in!! :haha:

Front PDC is very useful when parking in tight spaces.

Richie.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what year was it that the 16x9 screen came out - 01 or 02?? - I am looking at an 01 right now and want to know if there are any differences for 02 that are essential - i really don't care about parking distance - I couldn't find anything else I really thought was important

·
Registered
427 Posts
what year was it that the 16x9 screen came out - 01 or 02?? - I am looking at an 01 right now and want to know if there are any differences for 02 that are essential - i really don't care about parking distance - I couldn't find anything else I really thought was important
Difference from 01 to 02 is automatic headlight control. Difference between 02 and 03 is DVD nav instead of CD nav.

That's it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts