BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Board.

For whatever reason, I have been having trouble uploading photo's of Ole Red to a thread. Many of you have asked for pictures of the Black Chrome powdercoating on the wheels. I was able to upload pics to the owners gallery, so if anyone wants to see what Black Chrome looks like, I think you just have to click my name.

Thanks much!!

KCDcherrsagai

·
Registered
296 Posts
kcdoyle said:
For whatever reason, I have been having trouble uploading photo's of Ole Red ...
KCD
That's funny. I often refer my 2001 Le Mans Blue as Ole Blue.
Anyone refer to their car as Ole Blackie, or Ole Silver?

Good luck on your picture uploading.
We'd like to see your ride.

Best,
Bert

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
..and for those really lazy souls:

Personally, I prefer the stock metal look over the black but it's nice to see something different out there.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I also prefer the stock wheels in stock color with a red M5. Blacked out wheels can look great with other colors, but not with this one IMO.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jos said:
I also prefer the stock wheels in stock colour with a red M5. Blacked out wheels can look great with other colours, but not with this one IMO.
I appreciate your input.

I have to admit when I first had them done I thought they looked a little too dark as well. The color (colour) has now grown on me considerably. Also, it was overcast when I took the photo's so you don't see as much of the "chrome" in the Black Chrome as you do when the sun is shining. (Which it does here in Tulsa about 300 days a year) Also put on the black grills to try and get the all-around effect.
:cheers:
KCD

·
Banned
386 Posts
Looks good... really like the finish.

·
10,445 Posts
That is a coating you need to see in person to appreciate. It has a chrome look from certain angles. I like it!
Mike

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
My personal preference would be a lighter looking wheel, it seems to darken the overall look of the car and distract from that gorgeous Imola Red colour. I'm sure in person it probably looks great, just not for me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Terk said:
My personal preference would be a lighter looking wheel, it seems to darken the overall look of the car and distract from that gorgeous Imola Red colour. I'm sure in person it probably looks great, just not for me.
Take a look at the "view my car" section. There is a close up of a wheel which will give you a better idea of the actual color. It is not quite as dark as the one photo would indicate. Anyway, I'm glad that so many have chimed in with their thoughts! Keeps the Board alive and kicking.

KCD:cheers:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
KCD, you are right, the pics are very deceiving as the close up is much lighter than some of other pics, which were misleading. It's funny how lighting and the camera capture the image differently. I had an Imola Red 740i sport so I am very partial to that colour. :cheers:

·
Registered
302 Posts
The car looks awesome. I think you should put on LED charcoal / red tailights, and charcoal sidemarkers. It would add a finishing touch to the exterior.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Car looks good actually, although I would probably stick with the stock colored wheels. One suggestion, swap out the amber corners for the European spec with silvervision turn signals front and rear. This combined with the black wheels, kidneys, and tint will give a great look.

Any other mods on the car?

Travis

1 - 20 of 35 Posts