BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I made a bad mistake recently and bought a Carbon Black '00 M5 without seeing the color. As it turns out, I hated the color so much that I had to sell the car...with only 1600 miles on it.

In any case, I've got a second M5 on order and am tending toward Imola Red...but haven't had the opportunity to see the color. Does anyone know where there are any M5 Imola Red pictures or any comments about the color from those who've seen it?

Titanium Silver is my current 2nd choice, but I've seen lots of those...

Robert

·
Registered
405 Posts
Athough I personally don't want a red car I have seen the Imola Red in person and it's a great shade of Red - my wife (the fashion expert) called it a "Revlon Red". BMW has some promotional M5 brochures that are full of the Imola Red machine so check with your dealer. The one titled "M5...Unmatched" has some super shots including the cover! - it's a very sharp looking car in red and an attention grabber. Good Luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a carbon black/black all leather
with sport trim and love it! Sorry to hear that you did not like the color. As others have noted, the lighter colors tend to make the spoilers stand out more and contrast with
black side molding strips.Of course,one of the things I like best about the M5 is the stealth aspect so carbon black is perfect for me.Also, my baby is always garaged and only used in good weather.I had the chance to see most of the colors while at M5 school in
Spartansburg and actually drove an Imola red
for a whole day. Before seeing it, I had read posts saying that it was a deep dark red
and very good looking.To my eyes,it appeared to be a standard fairly bright red though not,
to my recollection, as bright as the new Bright Red now available on the 5 series.After seeing all the colors,I'm glad I lucked into the carbon black(my car bec
ame available when the original buyer backed out.
You can't go wrong with the silver, it is the traditional German racing color and will look
good over the years,even after the current rage for silver cars has faded.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Carbon Black and Titanium Silver are the 2 most popular colors. Why? I think because the 5 series looks best in Silver while the black does have that menecing feel.

I saw Imola Red last week at a dealer. It is certainly bright and agressive. Lot of red paint! It was my second choice

Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts