BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here comes a dumb question:

Will the stock exhaust system eventually need to be replaced?

My car has almost 100,000 miles on it so I was thinking that IF the exhaust system will "eventually" need replacing, why not now.

I don't want to have a problem you know.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I've never know any car that REQUIRES the exhaust to be replaced...

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Everything wears out eventually. But the stock exhaust is built like a tank and made of stainless steel so it will probably outlast the engine and just about everything else in the car.

But if you need justification, I just came back from a 600 mile round trip and I can tell you that to me, the Tubi is worth every penny. It sounds wonderful w/o being so loud that you get tired of hearing it after a couple hundred miles. My wife even said the same thing! :15:

Other, louder exhausts may sound more "impressive" when showing off to friends, but now that I have other transportation, I use my M5 mainly for long distance drives and it never fails to amaze me what a wonderful and complete package this car really is.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Nah, skip the other replies:

Dear Ms. Tranck-

Just to let you know that I failed to replace my exhaust in a timely fashion, and this led to much more expensive maintenance later on, totalling $ _______. In the future I will be promptly replacing the exhaust at _____ miles.

Regards,

Ard

PS tranck, just fill in the blanks..

·
Registered
396 Posts
or this one,

Dear Mr. Tranck,

Congratualtions from the M5board, you have driven your M5 in excess of _______ miles! According to statistics compiled by ______ members, it is prudent and wise preventative maintenance to replace the following items now:

1) _______
2) _______
3) ________
4) ________ (warning, don't add more than her sense of reasonableness will endure)

Signed, The M5Board Statistical Knowledgebase

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really not looking to buy the Tubi - I just want to get to 200 posts so that I can turn that DSC the hell off!

·
Registered
635 Posts
That was Funny! ouich

Regards,

Marion

tranck said:
I'm really not looking to buy the Tubi - I just want to get to 200 posts so that I can turn that DSC the hell off!

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
tranck said:
:haha: :haha: :haha: hiha

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't care if you were trying to boost your post count or not, YOU NEED A TUBI! go buy one anyways, we know its on your mind already :1:you will not regret it. The sound is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts