BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get in to work today and I park the Beast in the usual location and like always I spend a few extra moments (ok minutes) admiring her. I also do this to give her a once over to make sure there aren't any rock chips dings and that she still looks clean.

Then I notice right next my "M" license plate frame on the front bumper there is a slight variation in color. I think, "Well it's probably dirty." But being as anal as I am, I take a look. Well it turns out to be touch up paint and it's about a 5-6 inch line of it going across the bumper. Then I notice that there are a few scuff marks right above where the drivers side foglight is. I know for sure I haven't used touch up paint on her yet. In fact I just bought some the other day for some minor rock chips and it's still fresh in the package.

Now I remember the other day when I was picking up my car from valet how much it seemed like they wanted to get rid of me. Could it be possible that when the valet took my car he hit something? Even worse maybe he took it around the block a few times. I don't have proof of who did it and it's not like I can go back to the valet and *****. I find it unlikely some one backed into me and had the courtesy to stop and touch up my bumper for me.

So my day is pretty muched F-ed. Sorry for the rambling. Everyone be careful when giving the car to some punk *** kid at the valet!!!!!!!
AAAAGGGHHHH!!!! Feel my pain!!! :grrrrr:

-Alex

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I do feel your pain bro - and, if it happened to me....

Oh well, I don't want to give you any ideas.

I would be beyond pissed.

It WILL look perfect again.

Try not to sweat it too much.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I never give my car to valets ... exactly for that reason. They all know it's an M3 and think it's like driving any other car just a bit faster, and then 'oh why not?' they turn the traction control off, because Jeremy Clarkson does so on Top Gear. Seriously, it doesn't happen very much that someone other than me or my girlfriend drives the car.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The likelyhood of the Valet being able to go and purchase BMW touch up paint, fix the scratch, and give the car back to you.....well, I suppose anything is possible.
Just yesterday someone parked to close to me crooked and over the line. I left them a note. As I was pulling out, I see the owner opening her car. Turns out it was someone that works on my floor close by as. I confronted her; was polite, but stern.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
boostmiser said:
The likelyhood of the Valet being able to go and purchase BMW touch up paint, fix the scratch, and give the car back to you.....well, I suppose anything is possible.
Just yesterday someone parked to close to me crooked and over the line. I left them a note. As I was pulling out, I see the owner opening her car. Turns out it was someone that works on my floor close by as. I confronted her; was polite, but stern.
It seems unlikely, but it was one of those valet's that offered a car wash and detail while you shop. I almost feel like I have to take a picture of the Beast each time I park it!!! Oh well.

-alex

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
boostmiser said:
Who said it had to be BMW touch-up paint?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I'll add my condolences; I'd be upset too.

My wife likes to valet and I didn't think anything about it when I had a 530 (and still don't care if we take her Merc). However, with the M5, I never valet. The idea that a teenager has the keys to my M5 for a few hours is just too much for me! If my wife is in fancy clothes/heels, etc., I drop her off out front, and then park the car myself.

Hopefully the pain will subside soon!

·
Registered
837 Posts
tough break, hope you get her fixed up right, Josh

·
Registered
27 Posts
Down here in S. Florida there is a high probabability that any day could be the day something changes on your car.... Bad driving and careless people trying to get someplace they shouldn't. I feel your pain, and since I got the car I put the clear plastic material all over the front end. Check out this site. I am sure there is an installer somewhere near you.

http://www.autosupershield.com

I have done all my cars since my 350Z hit a 2x4 on I-95 at about 90mph... It only scratched the plastic not the paint. The plastic is easy to get redone.

The beast has the front end, lights, mirrors and soon to be the hood after a really good detailing. Some of the really high end Ferraris and Porsches do the sideskirts as well...

Good luck- at least your service tech didn't put over 100miles on the car while it was in for its last service. Guess I won't be signing the paper that allows him to test drive it again...

Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. You're all making me feel better. Ed thanks for the advice I'll look into it. This is why I love this forum so much.

Much appreciated,

-Alex

1 - 12 of 12 Posts