1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm thinking that is the case...sure does "look" like the same car but definitely two diff cars....nice ones too...

·
Registered
907 Posts
Before I bought the E60 M5 I was looking at getting a E39 M5 as I'd had one years ago and liked it a lot.....I also saw that ad..about 8-10 weeks ago...I questioned why a IL car would have CA plates and I recognize that building.........I contacted him and he told me he bought it from a dealer in CA and after owning it for a couple of months was selling it...I was suspicious and emailed him.....he said it was just not a good daily driver for Chicago winters...he actually went down that day and took cell phone pics of it.....and sent it to me. It was dirty from driving in the snow like he said.....Said he used the original pics cause they were so good.....it all made sense and I believe him.....

Chris

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I can tell you the one in Illinois was being sold by the same guy (dinanmotors) a few months back. I actually drove the Illinois car but it was in tough shape. I just posted a thread about the Illinois car in the E39 section. One word of advice, those pictures don't show the true extent of scratches and bad paint that I saw in person. Maybe another reason why it is being sold again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts