BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Going to Phoenix to pick up Wake Champs M5. Man, that is a gool looking car. Lot's of great information on this forum. I'll be driving about 1500 miles to get it home, any tips for such a long haul in a car that is not used to it?

Thanks :flag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Tennessee, where abouts, I hail from nashville, before the Navy that is, congrats on your purchase, Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,158 Posts
m6050 said:
Hey Guys,

Going to Phoenix to pick up Wake Champs M5. Man, that is a gool looking car. Lot's of great information on this forum. I'll be driving about 1500 miles to get it home, any tips for such a long haul in a car that is not used to it?

Thanks :flag:
Yes, getting a flat can be a real bummer in the M5. If you get a chance, try to pick up a spare M5 wheel and tire. Because you never know.... :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,083 Posts
Congratulations, you will have a blast!!

I drove my car home almost 1800 miles from Nashville to Tucson, AZ. It was a trip I will remember for some time.

I had new tires so did not worry about a spare. I would recommendthat you check the tire pressure and wear bars before such a long trip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bmwusa said:
Tennessee, where abouts, I hail from nashville, before the Navy that is, congrats on your purchase, Josh
Josh, I'm in Hendersonville, which as you probably remember is pretty much a burb of Nashville.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
837 Posts
Absolutely, when I come home to visit freinds and family we can cherrsagai and meet up and maybe have a little Nashville get to gether, as I will be staying in Hendersonville when I come, Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bmwusa said:
Absolutely, when I come home to visit freinds and family we can cherrsagai and meet up and maybe have a little Nashville get to gether, as I will be staying in Hendersonville when I come, Josh
Sounds like a plan. Just shoot me an e-mail when your heading this way.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
m6050 said:
Hey Guys,

Going to Phoenix to pick up Wake Champs M5. Man, that is a gool looking car. Lot's of great information on this forum. I'll be driving about 1500 miles to get it home, any tips for such a long haul in a car that is not used to it?

Thanks :flag:
I'd also make certain that your oil level is good, and bring a quart of with you. It is no fun to get the "Oil level low" message on your display when you are far from home. The M5 tends to burn oil. You'll have to ask whether his oil is 5-30 or 10-60 weight, which is a whole other story...

You'll have a great ride!
P
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
You will have a blast! I drove my '03 home 2,600 miles from Ohio to CA last month. I had the BMW dealer check it out very thoroughly before I left, and I bought two quarts of oil to have with me on the road (weren't needed). It is a great chance to get to know the car and you will always remember the trip.

Let us know how the drive home was. Best of luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JP 99300 said:
You will have a blast! I drove my '03 home 2,600 miles from Ohio to CA last month. I had the BMW dealer check it out very thoroughly before I left, and I bought two quarts of oil to have with me on the road (weren't needed). It is a great chance to get to know the car and you will always remember the trip.

Let us know how the drive home was. Best of luck.
10/4 Thanks guys. I am ready to make this trip. I will keep you posted.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top