BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

I'm looking for the link for the CD Nav update...

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mottati 
#1 ·
I've STF but I'm still missing something.

I can download and burn a cd and update my navigation my self right? I have an 01 M5 and want the split screen for nav and directions.

What are the steps in updating thhe nav? Just insert the burned CD into the Nav cd player in the trunk? TIA

#2 ·
try this link on X5world.com. http://www.x5world.com/nav_os.htm

Yes, you burn the cd (i think there are instructions on x5 world also) and put it in the nav drive, turn on the ignition and watch the nav screen for prompts. In the past, i've used clone cd and burned the cd at 1x speed, on a cdr (not a cd rw) and have had sucess.
Mike

#3 ·
Can you guys let me know if this will work for an '00 M5? My display screen is a quarter of the size of the '01+ models so it might not even be worth it. Sorry if this is a stupid question but will this update also give me an updated address book? I was heading to a friends house in NJ and I couldn't find his home because it's a new development. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
H

#4 ·
You can update the nav software on a mk2 system, i'd done it before I changed my nav drive and display. BUT what you need, (it sounds like) is an updated map cd, which you can get from your dealer, navtech or likely ebay.
Mike
hiro said:
Can you guys let me know if this will work for an '00 M5? My display screen is a quarter of the size of the '01+ models so it might not even be worth it. Sorry if this is a stupid question but will this update also give me an updated address book? I was heading to a friends house in NJ and I couldn't find his home because it's a new development. If you could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
H

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.