BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sometimes it sucks to be young, dress in jeans hoodies, and broken laces on my shoes, carrying a skateboard, and owning an M5.

Everytime i see a guy in an M5, they will never talk to me.
today........
Im in Chicago at my local Starbucks, up pulls an M5 with Michigan plates.
"Hey, im from Michigan, ill see where this guy lives."
So, he ends up being only 30 miles away from where i live. I told him I own an M5 too. Maybe we could get the very few area M5's out for some fun times. Anyway, after hes looking at me like....Yeah, Right...you have an M5.... He asked me if I wanted to buy it. I said.... I told you I have one.
He said "Well, have a good weekend" [email protected]#king A#$hole!!!!!
Just frustrating. My guess he's a salesman who borrowed it for the weekend. ...Thats just me trying to feel better.
Anyway, sorry for the rant, just getting it out of my system. But remember, this happens to me EVERYTIME i try to talk to someone in an M5. :sad3:

josh.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Don't stress, the most important thing is that you know that you have an M5 and we know that you have an M5 :cheers:...and a very nice one at that I might add.

Btw, how old are you if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Somebody asked me once if I was driving my parents car, I try not to let it bother me besides, who wants to be friends with people that act like that anyways, Josh

·
Registered
770 Posts
phillym5 said:
Well, sometimes it sucks to be young, dress in jeans hoodies, and broken laces on my shoes
Toss in a beenie, Dickies and sketchers and thats normally how I dress as well. You should have seen the surf racks on my Porsche.

No biggie buddy like was already said.. in the M5 community WE all know who you are :)

Sean

·
Registered
383 Posts
phillym5 said:
Well, sometimes it sucks to be young, dress in jeans hoodies, and broken laces on my shoes, carrying a skateboard, and owning an M5.

Everytime i see a guy in an M5, they will never talk to me.
today........
Im in Chicago at my local Starbucks, up pulls an M5 with Michigan plates.
"Hey, im from Michigan, ill see where this guy lives."
So, he ends up being only 30 miles away from where i live. I told him I own an M5 too. Maybe we could get the very few area M5's out for some fun times. Anyway, after hes looking at me like....Yeah, Right...you have an M5.... He asked me if I wanted to buy it. I said.... I told you I have one.
He said "Well, have a good weekend" [email protected]#king A#$hole!!!!!
Just frustrating. My guess he's a salesman who borrowed it for the weekend. ...Thats just me trying to feel better.
Anyway, sorry for the rant, just getting it out of my system. But remember, this happens to me EVERYTIME i try to talk to someone in an M5. :sad3:

josh.
where in MI are you from? i'm from oakland county and i'm only 23. most people around here have been pretty cool about the car. anyway, if you're from the area, get ahold of me sometime.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Don't sweat it Dude I am the same way. I have no respect for those arrogant guys. The way you dress or choose to live dosen't mean you can't have good taste in cars or to be a driving enthusiast like myself. Live to Drive.:cool:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Get the same thing here in Ireland, not many young guys have M cars. Espically when I dress like a hobo, half the time people think I have stolen the car :hihi:

Paul as well who is on this board lives in Ireland and I think he is the same age as me. I wonder if he has the same experience. He just got his M5 a few weeks back.

At least people here just give me odd glares, nothing nasty.

- Kin

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm usually in shorts and a t-shirt most days. I own my own company and dress how ever I want. Screw all the stuffy types. They don't know what they are driving anyway...

Jordan

·
Registered
328 Posts
DOnt worry, I have the same problem! I usually wear jeans and a

t-shirt, or shorts, and sandals for work. I work in an area where most
are lawyers, stock brokers, and business professionals, and in my
bus, you only wreck nice clothes. I get the same looks and responses,
but those who know ME, know thats how I am, and how I dress.
I always beleive you cannot judge a book by its cover!:M5launch: :M5launch:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
jordantii said:
I'm usually in shorts and a t-shirt most days. I own my own company and dress how ever I want. Screw all the stuffy types. They don't know what they are driving anyway...

Jordan
I second that. I'm not out to impress anyone. I own the odd label, but it usually stays in the cupboard, as I wear shorts and a polo shirt most times.....except if I'm going to Golf, then its Micro fibres and a colared shirt.

I bought my first BMW wearing thongs. (On my feet :3: )

The guy that just snubbed me and wouldn't serve me was kicking himself. The New young guy was eager to please and called me Sir. He made the sale, then and there.

NEVER Judge a book buy its cover.

Some of the richest guys I know around here, if you passed them in the street, you would give them change for coffee. hiha

Hmmm I wonder if that is how they got so rich. hiha

But on the other side, Rich and Tight is still tight.

Money was made to be spent. Preferrable On nice cars.

Don't sweat it philly, I'm another scrubby M5 owner from the scrub.

Actually I subscribe to your theory that either he was a salesman, or he could no longer afford his beast, so he has to sell. hiha

Its only us Shabby guys that can afford to keep them. hiha J/K

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
The sad thing is atire makes so much difference when shopping for a car. I've been turned away or laughed at when wanting to test drive a car on a weekend wearing shorts and a tee shirt. On a weekday in business clothes, no problem.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
MIB said:
I bought my first BMW wearing thongs. (On my feet :3: )...

dammmit, Mark, I sure am glad you cleared THAT up :hihi:

Josh - Don't sweat it, that jerk had no idea who you are - his loss.

P.S. I was in Chicago too, Thurs.-Sat. lovelove

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
phillym5<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_534546", true); </SCRIPT> : Prove it ...where are the pics. You don't own an M5....
Kidding :hihihi: . Did you used to live in Philly?

I was at the bank drive through the other day. I ask for three lolipops for my kids. He says "I'll give you three lolipops for your M5". I prompltly replied I don't think that'll work. Then he went on to compliment my car. I said thanks and I ended up with 18 lolipops. My kids went nuts.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I wear jeans almost every day and I have an ear ring, I really don't give a sh1t what anyone else thinks about the way I dress. I don't judge others by their appearances and if I come across someone who does I really don't want anything to do with them anyway. It ain't the clothes that maketh the man... When my partner and I bought our company, the first thing we did was to establish a casual dress code. We do not wear suits or ties for anyone.

BTW, I feel sorry for those of you who were in Chicago this weekend. I have to be there every weekday and I can't wait to leave every night.

Regards

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
We know here in Kentucky that anyone, even someone who comes in the bank with sh!t on their boots, dirty, and in blue jeans, may own the bank! There are some people who need image. Just remember that you don't need respect from someone who thinks that image is important. Enjoy your M5 and yourself, and don't get upset by what others may think --that is THEIR problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't worry about it at all. Some people are groomed to have sensitivity to superficial presentations of dress, language, etc. We all have stereotypes and unfortunately our initial appearance is the immediate experience that we have with people and some people are trained to respond to a certain level of appearance. Believe me, I spend a lot of time in formal business wear and it’s not because I am comfortable or think its interesting.

I prefer not to randomly engage people in conversation because I hate having to entertain "time bandits" myself and although I will proceed with a conversation, I know how it is to be busy and put into a situation where you politely trying to curtail a lengthy discussion that you just don't have the patience for.

Tether
Friends don't let friends use smileys.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm a 19yr old M5 owner, and the same things happen to me. They see a nice M5 roll up, and then they see a 19yr old with sun glasses and a polo shirt, and automatically start hating.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts