BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the color of course, not the car.

I don't even know if it's still possible, I have an October build date, but I've been thinking of changing my color back to Silver Gray instead of Black Sapphire. Any opinions?

Thanks in advance,

Amir

BTW, I finally picked up my F430 last week. Needless to say I love it!

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
I just ordered Black Sapphire, so you know where i fall.

Have a silver bmw now...low maintenance, but barely looks better when clean than when dirty. Nothing looks better than a just cleaned black BMW...for 5 minutes anyway.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My opinion is...your F430 is absolutely gorgeous!!

I have a silver gray 545i now and will probably get an M5 in that color as well. It is beautiful, shows off the lines of the E60 really well (apparently it was developed specifically for the E60) and is much lower maintenance than black.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Amir--
Thanks for sharing the pics of your F430. When your M5 arrives, you are going to have one impressive stable!

I am curious to see if your opinion of the two cars is the same as the author of this article:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8513/m5article1dc.jpg

As for your color choice. I will never, ever, again own a dark colored car due to the high maintenance. But that is just my opinion, and we know about opinions.....

Ryan

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered my M5 in silver gray. I own a black RS4 and it's hell of a deal to keep it clean and polished. We also lack a proper garage for the car, so that was just one more nudge in the direction of silver gray.

Just my EUR 0.02

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is a beautiful F430. Those pics made my heart beat just a little faster.

What do they call that colour? Looks similar to BMW's new Sparkling Graphite on the E90, which I also adore.

Why not try a lighter colour on your upcoming M5? You already have a dark Ferrari. There's Alpine White or Interlagos Blue. I think Interlagos Blue would be a good contrast to your grey F-car.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Nice Ferrari.

I'd choose Black Sapphire for sure. I've seen Adam's car and it looks great - I really prefer it to silver.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sam- The color on the Ferrari is Grigio Silverstone.

The main reason I even wanted the sapphire was because I have five other cars that are silver so I thought it would be a nice change. My only problem with sapphire is that it hides all of the lines on the M5 thereby making it look more like a regular 5 series. I'm really not a big fan of all of the blue in the silverstone and if BMW had offered the M5 in Titanium I would have been all over it.

Amir

·
Registered
283 Posts
amir said:
Sam- The color on the Ferrari is Grigio Silverstone.

The main reason I even wanted the sapphire was because I have five other cars that are silver so I thought it would be a nice change. My only problem with sapphire is that it hides all of the lines on the M5 thereby making it look more like a regular 5 series. I'm really not a big fan of all of the blue in the silverstone and if BMW had offered the M5 in Titanium I would have been all over it.

Amir
Don't know about the 'States, but in Canada we don't get Silverstone at all. We never got it for E39, either.

You can have the E60 M5 in Arctic Silver instead, and there's no blue in that. I don't like blue-tinted silvers, either. Either pure silver, or silver with bronze or gray I prefer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts