BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of 20" Polished Diamond Graphite Maya STM wheels.

The tires on the back is gonna be 295 and front is gonna be 255

I gotta take the rim to this place called Wheel Concepts to have them machine the center hub bigger cause these wheels wont fit the E39 as is.

Im pretty excited about it, will post finish pics later

Attachments

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Good looking wheels! but 295 hopefully would fit...:cheers:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Those are nice! May need to reconsider my choice in wheels now.

·
Registered
276 Posts
What's the width and offset of those wheels?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
295 wow talk about rubber band.

Nice looking wheel!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know much about the specs of the wheels. My friend who is an expert in wheels and tires got these for me. He said everything will fit without rubbing and this will be the maximum set up for the E39. As mentioned before, the only that will need to be modified is the center hubs. I dropped the wheels off today at the Wheels machine shop already. Should have them on the the car by the weekend or early next week.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I bought a set of 20" Polished Diamond Graphite Maya STM wheels.

The tires on the back is gonna be 295 and front is gonna be 255

I gotta take the rim to this place called Wheel Concepts to have them machine the center hub bigger cause these wheels wont fit the E39 as is.

Im pretty excited about it, will post finish pics later
i actually had those wheels back in the summer. They nice but i bought them from a 3 series used so i had to get them bored out and it didnt look too great, i had to get spacers to make them loko good. Either way i hit a curb at about 5-8mph driftings but hardly and botht he right wheels just completely got demolished. Weekest wheels i have every owned, but they look very nice if they sit well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Finesta,

Did you remember the offset of the wheel and what size of spacers you used?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i actually had those wheels back in the summer. They nice but i bought them from a 3 series used so i had to get them bored out and it didnt look too great, i had to get spacers to make them loko good. Either way i hit a curb at about 5-8mph driftings but hardly and botht he right wheels just completely got demolished. Weekest wheels i have every owned, but they look very nice if they sit well.

you bought the ones off the 3 series BMW so you needed the spacers because the off set is different. These wheels I bought came off a E60 BMW so all the specs are perfect for the E39 except for the center hub size.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Finesta,

Did you remember the offset of the wheel and what size of spacers you used?
The offset i dont remeber... but it was straigh of a 2003 3 series... so whatever offset that car has thats what i had.

Spacers, well i have 3mm in front and 5 in back... but if i still had them i wouldget like 25mm in front and 35mm in back...

btw. if you dont mind me asking how much are you paying?

·
Registered
752 Posts
you bought the ones off the 3 series BMW so you needed the spacers because the off set is different. These wheels I bought came off a E60 BMW so all the specs are perfect for the E39 except for the center hub size.
Ye your right... yours should be a much better fit than mine... except you probably have to get the center bored out

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The offset i dont remeber... but it was straigh of a 2003 3 series... so whatever offset that car has thats what i had.

Spacers, well i have 3mm in front and 5 in back... but if i still had them i wouldget like 25mm in front and 35mm in back...

btw. if you dont mind me asking how much are you paying?
I got them for $850 with tires Bridgestone Potenza 80% tread on the front and 60% tread in the back. 295 tires in the back and 255 tires in the front. The rims are in near perfect condition.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I got them for $850 with tires Bridgestone Potenza 80% tread on the front and 60% tread in the back. 295 tires in the back and 255 tires in the front. The rims are in near perfect condition.
You got a very good deal. Enjoy... I though i had a good deal i paid 1300... After i cracked 2 wheels i figured ill replace them with new ones, until the cheapest quote per rim i got was $800 a piece...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man, I'm getting the Magnaflow 14816 cans put on tommorow as well.

Currently I have the 18" BBS LM Style Wheels from Miro/ Alt Wheels

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks man, I'm getting the Magnaflow 14816 cans put on tommorow as well.

Currently I have the 18" BBS LM Style Wheels from Miro/ Alt Wheels
i also got a new exhaust, just mufflers... i already have straights from cats... i received it last night im getting it put on when i get a chance... i have an exhaust now but i dont really like it, you can see it if you go on my last posts...

i got dual 3" muffler.... looks ilke the milltek

1 - 16 of 16 Posts