BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO about a month ago I posted and told y'all that i had a wreck with my '03 imola. It was a write off.

After test driving a few alternatives nothing really did it for me in terms of styling and performance, so I kept looking for an e39 replacement, in Imola of course. Luckily for me I found one, also an '03, but with full Dinan S2, 3.45 diff, full leather, CF interior and less miles than the car i was replacing.

I took delivery of #2 today.

Pics attached of #1 at the graveyard and #2 today - I didnt have time to take better pics, besides, I am detailing the car this weekend. For any hot-rodders out there I threw in a pic of my mustang as well, from a magazine article the car was the subject of.

#1 was a stock car, and from a comparison point I only had the chance to drive home #2 in traffic and occassional rain today, so cant say much about the performance gain yet. I was surprised by how mellow the sound is - deep and throaty, but mellow. It feels like this car is quieter than my previous car but maybe thats b/c ive been driving my mustang for the past month and it is hot-rod LOUD at any speed. I caught some rasp around 4500rpm, but I didnt have the room or conditions to get on it more than that. I have a friend that has SacM5s car (i think that was his ID here) and that has a supersrint header and X-pipe setup, sounds mean at idle, but I think that is because of the X-pipes which I dont have.

ok, need to do a search now for what full leather car owners do to protect and condition their leather, esp dash, then upgrade the nav s/w, install my ipod stuff, .... so happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Welcome back! Nice choice!

Cool mustang. Gotta love those retro rides. I'm looking at AC Cobras myself..

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
looks absolutely stunning! Stick some more pictures up if and when you can stop driving the new beast!

cheers and enjoy

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
welcome back, awsome mustang and pf course nice S2.

are you buying the totaled car or is it going to the junk yard

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did not buy the wrecked car from the insurance company. Not time or space to part it out.

I used intercity for the transport. the good thing about them is that they try to make sure the car doesnt have to move once it is on the truck and delivered to you. The bad thing is that you have to wait sometimes for the pick-up. This is the second car i've used them for, great service both times.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
cool Mustang indeed..

Very nice with the Tremec..which model did you use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts