BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are not a business of any sort but 2 current BMW master Techs at a local BMW dealer that like to do side work on the weekends at a very fair price. Just thought we would help the board members out with cheap and great service.

PM me for more info/contact information
Located in North Western Suburbs IL, 35 min drive from downtown

Give your BMW the expert care and service it deserves for significantly less that you would pay at a dealership. Our labor rate is $80/hr, less that half of what the dealer charges.

We offer dealership quality service and repairs performed exclusively by 2 current BMW Master Technicians with over 25 years of dealer experience combined

From a simple oil service to complex electrical diagnoses -- and EVERY engine & transmission repair you can imaging.

We offer the following services for your BMW:

- Scheduled Maintenance-Time and Mileage Based e.g. 15K, 30K, 45K etc
- Complete Coding and Programming capability
- Brake Repairs - Pads, Rotors, Sensors - Brake Fluid Flush
- Suspension Repairs
- Transmission Repairs
- Engine Repairs
- Electrical Repairs
- Automotive Air Conditioning
- Exhaust Repairs
- AC System Maintenance

Here are just some of the reasons why customers choose us to service their BMW Vehicle:

Honest, Straight-Forward Advice -- The honest facts of what is happening to your BMW explained in simple terms. We provide a written guide and set of priorities for service that help you plan for future maintenance or repairs. You are always welcome to view your car with us - sometimes getting a visual helps to understand the work your BMW needs.

Diagnostic Expertise -- BMW Factory Diagnostic Tools and years of experience help us to identify the precise BMW service item that helps to solve a problem.

Timely Turnaround
-- Highly Qualified, Professional Technicians and use of all BMW factory special tools to your service completed fast and on time.

Lower Cost than the Dealer -- On average you will save 40% and in some circumstances, services that the BMW Dealer charges for, we provide for free. In addition, we only use genuine BMW factory Parts.

Personal Service -- We am not trying to sell you a new car - your BMW and your safety are of the utmost importance to us.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got to meet our first member here. Did a vehicle check, spark plugs, oil change and air filters on his e60 m5. Nice to meet you Greg.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you guys wrenched on e60 m5's yet? it would be kewl if you list your expertise on this particular chassis as it relates to the motor/bearings/vano's/smg issues...you'd get plenty busy fast if you're well versed in those issues.
Also, since you're local, do you know any good machine shops that specialize in euro re-builds?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys wrenched on e60 m5's yet? it would be kewl if you list your expertise on this particular chassis as it relates to the motor/bearings/vano's/smg issues...you'd get plenty busy fast if you're well versed in those issues.
Also, since you're local, do you know any good machine shops that specialize in euro re-builds?
We are current bmw master techs at a dealer in the shaumburg area. We have experience with all the issues you have mentioned. From smg hydraulic units, vanos mechanisms, and motor rebuilds. As far as good machine shops what are you needing done exactly? Our dealer uses someone local but I wouldn't say they specialize in euro cars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi,

Would you please PM me a quote for a bearing replacement? Are you also able to do wheel alignments?

Thanks,

Ben

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Would you please PM me a quote for a bearing replacement? Are you also able to do wheel alignments?

Thanks,

Ben
What bearing replacement are you refering to? wheel bearing, rod bearings? Also we do not have an alignment machine so at this time we can not perform that service.

·
Registered
186 Posts
E39 M5 technician needed

Hello - I sent you guys an e-mail with some questions since I can't PM yet.

Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello - I sent you guys an e-mail with some questions since I can't PM yet.

Let me know if you can help me out.

Thanks
Steve
Emailed you back about a week ago. Havent heard since. Like stated we would be more than willing to help just wont be able to come to you. Let me know if you would like to set somethin up.

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just got done diagnosing a e60 m5 with vanos issues. Found that pieces of bearing material were clogging the filter/oil screen in the vanos units and causing them not to worl properly. Pulledthe pan and rod bearings to find this :

This m5 had 43k on it. We will be tearing it all down. Cleaning and installing a new crankshaft and vac rod bearings along with crank bearings and new vanos units.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Can I get a quote for rod bearings on an E39 M5 ?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Cant seem to pm yet since i dont have enough posts. Please supply me with cpntact or email info and i would gladly send you a quote.

Thanks
PM sent -- let me know if you can't read PMs and I'll get you my details another way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts