BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having problems with the IHKA module in my M5, just wondering if anyone on here has ever repaired one before? I've always had problems with the heating system but now pretty much all of it has been checked/replaced with the exception of the IHKA module. Its also the cause of the battery drain I have at the moment. Thanks in advance,

MIKE.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do you mean the control module that sits in behind the IHKA or the various/numerous parts that make up the whole IHKA system?

I'm halfway through rebuilding mine ie replacing a leaking heater core, evaporator, expansion valve, burnt out blower motor and broken servos. It's all reasonably straightforward but requires removal of lots of other parts first. If your car is LHD you're better of than those of us with RHD cars!

My control module and blower fan resistor "sword" are all good however.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the control module with four colour coded plugs. Reading up on it there's a few chips/resistors that could potentially be replaced.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Hola Mike , good to hear you are still on the E34 M5 Loving Family Trail .

I should have another control unit for you should you have no joy repairing yours .

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
davidoli
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing