BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For high mileage m5 e60, i usually get a used oem coil from Ebay, usually buy two of the lowest priced ones and so far, for 3 years, they have worked out pretty good when the coil misfires.

Looking on ebay, i do see set of 10 Chinese coils for $198, some aftermarket high performance ones for $400, Bremi for $550, and original BMW stamped for around $1200, including taxes.

Are the m5 coils different from other bmw engine coils, like a cheaper bmw coil for $30 from a 3 series? Afferall, they both reach same levels of engine temperatures.

Any experience with the cheap Chinese coils? I know we get what we pay for, but wanna save money for kids' college too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, i watch him all the time. A canadian Indian making fun or regular Indians and irregular Chinese :|

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Bremi are OEM and are good coils. I have used them in the past and they are excellent.

Reactions: sunilshivaram

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bosch doesn't do the M5 coils, Bremi PN/20631 and Delphi, and others, Bremi best price i found is 56$ each
Delphi for 59$

·
Registered
2006 M5
206 Posts
Bosch doesn't do the M5 coils, Bremi PN/20631 and Delphi, and others, Bremi best price i found is 56$ each
Delphi for 59$
Awesome thank you 🤙

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found Bremi new coils for $42 each. Will order a couple and keep them handy. I wish i could order 10, but dont feel like spending all that. There is no need to throw away working coils. But its a good idea to keep a few spare coils in the trunk and always remember to keep the foxwell scanner too on a high mileage car.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Found a seller on ebay Canada for that price + shipping but it doesn't seem he has a S85 full set, probably 5 or 6 left, may be that's the one you found Sunil?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is local supplier in NJ, should be here in 2-3 days. I will install all 5 on bank 2, run for few days and update here. I will also check the resistance of all the coils. My cylinder 6 is misfiring right now, and have also ordered two used genuine coils for $28 each.

·
Registered
403 Posts
New Set of 5 Ignition Coils For 2006-2010 BMW M5 M6 5.0L V10 E60 E63 E64 | eBay Fits: 2006-2010 BMW M5 M6 5 Series E60. Perfect match for the original car. www.ebay.com
They are not Bremi??, They look china made which you could find them cheaper than this price, if you want you could test them, I will stick with Bremi.
I couldn't find an original match for the S85 coils from other cars, so I believe the S85 coils only made for the M5 and M6 which means they are unique. Those Chinese are mass produced, they may fit in place but I don't think they will function the same. If you want to use them you need to search that and check the specification in details between both the OEM and the Chinese.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it says unbranded. Am just curious. Few misfires and the entire bank will be shut down and i will limp back home. Am not in a position right now to throw $500 for 10 bremis. Will test for a month and return if they misfire. I also want to check their resistance and compare to original coils.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts