BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
today i installed my hamann rear-apron, ss x pipes, and my iforged retro's in 20". after the headers, exhaust and x pipe i fear my car is starting to sound like a monster that rolled out of some environmentaly over conscious persons nightmare, it was literally scaring pedestrians and scooter riders(i friggin' love it!). im waiting on the body shop to finish painting my vorsteiner cf trunk. should be done by next tuesday. but in the mean time, im not sure if any of you guys remember when i had the bbs rs-gt's on? but i need a opinion on which ones you guys like more? i know in a performance review ofcourse the bbs will be superior in built and weight but purely for looks which ones would you guys prefer?

p.s. sorry for posting bad quality photos yet again. once the weather clears up and i install my trunk i'll be sure to get a detail, good camera, and somewhere nice for a photo shoot.

thanks all....

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry forgot the bbs pics, reposted here.

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
beautiful! love the Hamaan competition front bumper. Wheels are great too, I think I like the BBS on the bottom a little more but it's hard to get the full effect of some wheels when not seeing them in person

Reactions: R.O.Cafella_M6

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I like the BBS as well.

And yeah, the Hamann front and rear bumpers look awesome!

·
Registered
991 Posts
beautiful! love the Hamaan competition front bumper. Wheels are great too, I think I like the BBS on the bottom a little more but it's hard to get the full effect of some wheels when not seeing them in person
I was actually about to post the same thing about the front bumper. I LOVE the hamaan fronts!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Now you have fog lights!...is that a difficult add-on? Looks super clean - reminds me of the M3 front

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks everyone for your inputs. seems most people prefer the bbs's. the iforged actually came together quite well, it really does look like a better version of the hamann multi-spoke, so i will keep them on for awhile. thinking about making the BBS's my racing rim. it is a better quality rim overall, less likely to dent. i was aiming for a clean almost coulda been stock look, once i get the trunk installed on my car and with the front bumper it should look rather similiar to a e46 M3 csl! BBK's are coming soon, but my mechanic tells me if i'm looking for a slight increase in breaking power i could just get the calipers and use the stock discs, anyone recommend this? it's a whole hell of a lot cheaper, but will it noticeably improve my braking?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
as for the fog lights, i've always liked foglights on sports cars. at night it makes the car look more menacing imo. but the thing is, i still have the merky ugly yellow lights, been meaning to change them out but something about the mounting that doesn't allow most HID bulbs to fit!?!?!? it's nice that they came with the competition front bumper though, im sure they charged it into the intial price but it sorta felt like it was for free! but the only downside is they had to drill a hole next to my headlight switch, to install the seperate fog light switch, would have liked it more if they coulda made it into the stock switch~ but oh well, nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
as for the fog lights, i've always liked foglights on sports cars. at night it makes the car look more menacing imo. but the thing is, i still have the merky ugly yellow lights, been meaning to change them out but something about the mounting that doesn't allow most HID bulbs to fit!?!?!? it's nice that they came with the competition front bumper though, im sure they charged it into the intial price but it sorta felt like it was for free! but the only downside is they had to drill a hole next to my headlight switch, to install the seperate fog light switch, would have liked it more if they coulda made it into the stock switch~ but oh well, nothing is perfect.
yea i thought they would have wired the fogs to the headlights...
but i guess at least now you have the option of turning them off and on

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks very good it wll look complete with that bootlid

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
powerbeast kw coilovers?

how are those? so you'll be able to change ride height to your liking? how much are they?

·
Registered
547 Posts
how are those? so you'll be able to change ride height to your liking? how much are they?
Well I have been hearing very good things about the Kw's you can have the coils at stock height or go down as much as 2 1/2 inches a freind of mine has them on his E60 M5 and says the car feels better than stock.The only negative with coilovers is it will take the EDC away & comfort settings mode

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had KW V2 on my E60 545i, rides quality is "good" definately a bit harsher than stock sport suspension. Unfortunately, the KW V2 right front shock blew out on me after about one year of usage (still sitting in my garage), I ended up getting the Bilstein PSS9 and the ride on the Bilstein was much better.

I wouldn't do coils on the M6 because the EDC & comfort settings mode will be impacted.

Well I have been hearing very good things about the Kw's you can have the coils at stock height or go down as much as 2 1/2 inches a freind of mine has them on his E60 M5 and says the car feels better than stock.The only negative with coilovers is it will take the EDC away & comfort settings mode

·
Registered
547 Posts
I had KW V2 on my E60 545i, rides quality is

I wouldn't do coils on the M6 because the EDC & comfort settings mode will be impacted.
I agree about the EDC & comfort setting mode being usless once coils are instaled. Do you not think loses those 2 options is worth it?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Personally, I like to retained all the features that are engineered into the M6. I've learned a hard lesson from my highly modded E60, just not worth it. The initial "adjustable" features is cool, but after paying the shop $80 each time for adjustment gets old real quick.

I agree about the EDC & comfort setting mode being usless once coils are instaled. Do you not think loses those 2 options is worth it?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts