BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FYI -

I want to let everyone know my experience with Henryr regarding this allocation.

I have been in contact with Henry for a couple of weeks and asked that he provide me some proof that 1) he actually owns the allocation and 2) that the dealer will honor our arrangement.

I have yet to speak or receive anything from anyone other than Henry. I asked him the name of the dealer, but he refused to give it to me, other than it was a dealer outside of Detroit, but didn't want me to call them and bother them if I wasn't going to go through with the transaction.

I was also informed that I would need to "pretend" to be a friend of his brother Kevin, who went to Arizona State University, so the dealer wouldn't get upset with him and that is what he has told the salesman that a friend of his brother's is interested in the allocation.

I sent him Assignment of Contract documents for his review which would require that 1) he attach his written agreement to the contract and 2) that the dealer would need to sign the document also stating that they would honor the assignment.

I never heard back from Henry - I did send him an e-mail and he stated that he was still waiting for a call back from the dealer and that he had a call into his friend who did high-end auto sales to see how he would handle a transaction like this. BTW - Henry did inform me that he does these types of transactions all the time...if so, then why would he need to go through all this hassle.

Bottom line is: if you can prove it, you don't own it.

Stay away from this guy - he did mention that someone else was interested, so I wanted to post this information so people can make their own decisions.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is this the same guy with a Dinan S2 and a couple Ferrari's? The name sounds familiar...perhaps from tracking at MSR? (Motorsport Ranch)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be...he's been around since 2000/2001 - used to own an M3.

I don't doubt that he is a car guy - it's just odd that he can't provide proof.

MPressed said:
Is this the same guy with a Dinan S2 and a couple Ferrari's? The name sounds familiar...perhaps from tracking at MSR? (Motorsport Ranch)

·
Registered
14 Posts
whatever. a couple of weeks is a gross exaggeration to say the least. my last email, dated 8/14/05 (3 days ago), stated that i was going to try to work out something to assure you of my allocation spots and there legitimacy.

so, i get an email this morning from RICK stating :

"I assume that you are unable to provide proof and complete this transaction. It is noted and will be publicy divulged.
I believe I have provided you ample time."

first off, i have not been able to get in touch with my salesperson since friday. this isn't my day job and i'm not working on your schedule.

yes, i didn't (and don't) want potential posers hassling my dealer on my allocation spots unless they were serious, i.e. contract in hand to buy my spot.

no, i am not just going to give out my dealer / salesperson contacts without a contract in hand to buy the spot.

if you think the dealer is going to sign anything regarding selling of any allocation spots at a premium, your crazy. i don't think they'd be thrilled.

i have done this multiple times via a written contract transfering ownership of the allocation spot @ MSRP or YOUR MONEY BACK (and i'll even escrow).

and yes, i'm letting a friend buy my allocation has been the method i have used in the past. you didn't have a problem with it when you thought you were getting the spot. hmmm.

no one has ever insisted on signed documentation from the dealer pre-deal or asked to have any paperwork transferred into their name. the dealer is not going to do it.

i take great offense in someone question my legitimacy (namely in a public forum) with zero evidence. have fun waiting for a car !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Henry -

I am glad that you posted so everyone has both sides of the story.

Don't worry about it - I hope you find a buyer, just not comfortable without you, I, and the dealer all agreeing to it - otherwise, I could purchase the allocation from you just to have the dealer not support the transaction.

I have found another option that is a direct sale from a dealer.

Best of luck!

henryr said:
whatever. a couple of weeks is a gross exaggeration to say the least. my last email, dated 8/14/05 (3 days ago), stated that i was going to try to work out something to assure you of my allocation spots and there legitimacy.

so, i get an email this morning from RICK stating :

"I assume that you are unable to provide proof and complete this transaction. It is noted and will be publicy divulged.
I believe I have provided you ample time."

first off, i have not been able to get in touch with my salesperson since friday. this isn't my day job and i'm not working on your schedule.

yes, i didn't (and don't) want potential posers hassling my dealer on my allocation spots unless they were serious, i.e. contract in hand to buy my spot.

no, i am not just going to give out my dealer / salesperson contacts without a contract in hand to buy the spot.

if you think the dealer is going to sign anything regarding selling of any allocation spots at a premium, your crazy. i don't think they'd be thrilled.

i have done this multiple times via a written contract transfering ownership of the allocation spot @ MSRP or YOUR MONEY BACK (and i'll even escrow).

and yes, i'm letting a friend buy my allocation has been the method i have used in the past. you didn't have a problem with it when you thought you were getting the spot. hmmm.

no one has ever insisted on signed documentation from the dealer pre-deal or asked to have any paperwork transferred into their name. the dealer is not going to do it.

i take great offense in someone question my legitimacy (namely in a public forum) with zero evidence. have fun waiting for a car !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
i understand. i have never had a problem in the past but that doesn't make it 100% guaranteed and that's why the sale is refundable.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noted.

henryr said:
i understand. i have never had a problem in the past but that doesn't make it 100% guaranteed and that's why the sale is refundable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
MPressed said:
i wish i could say that it was.... make that a stradale and a 575 please.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
What are "allocations at MSRP" selling for?

And why wouldn't one just go to a dealer and offer then "MSRP + whatever" to be #1 or 2 or 3?? dealers are scum- they'd do it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
imo if someone gets hosed after 'buying' an allocation they deserve it. silly practice really and i cannot understand why any dealer would allow it. they are going to sell the car to someone, why not just at market price for those who just have to have the car early on.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts