BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading an article on the 645 the other day and what struck me was its performance from 0-100 km/h.

It mentioned that the 645 can hit 100km/h in 5.6 seconds with its V8 powered 333hp engine vs. 5.3 of the the 400hp e39 M5. I looked for the reason and found that its weight was only 1600 vs. 1800kg (or something) of the M5.

Now although it was 70hp down it was only 0.3 of a second slower... not to forget that its only 333hp. What would happen then if it would have a V10 500hp engine ? my guess... in the low 4's easily mmmmmm bearing in mind that its weight wont go up by alot.

I dont know the weight of the current e60, but i bet it is more than 1600kgs and by a margin... if thats the case, then the m6 will be a rocket on wheels and will be emerge ahead of the other new V10 powered bmw.

Enjoy kinggf

·
Registered
32 Posts
The new M6 is aimed to weigh in at about 1750 KG or 3850 Lbs. I think it will have the power-to-weight ratio to achieve blistering acceleration, but 0-60 will be launch and traction dependent. Articles claim "well below 5 secs".

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Just look at the competition - Mercedes CL65 AMG - with 1000NM of torque :eek:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Just look at the competition - Mercedes CL65 AMG - with 1000NM of torque :eek:
Too bad for Mercedes that torque isn't the only thing that matters to performance :blabla:

Torque vs HP

Engine stats don't matter. Its the performance stats of the car that win the day and on this count I think we are looking great.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Enigma said:
Too bad for Mercedes that torque isn't the only thing that matters to performance :blabla:

Torque vs HP

Engine stats don't matter. Its the performance stats of the car that win the day and on this count I think we are looking great.
Enigma, very cool article. I agree that it takes more than numbers to define the performance.

And 1000nm of torque is probably good for:
1.) Destroying tires
2.) Destroying the slush box in MB.hiha

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
true, true. good point. unfortunately I think the car companies think auto buyers do look at the HP/torque numbers when they make their choices. like how people buy a computer based on processor speed. I agree with you- but you cant blame their marketing departments either.

Im excited for the M6! bring it on! (just not so sure about the rear end or idrive)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Zlaatan said:
I think it was a guy on mbworld.org who sold his CL600 and one of the reasons was that he had problem getting the power to the ground.

Isn't it like 800NM in those V12's?
i read that thread also a while ago...

Wasn't the guys nickname AWINER ?

He sad that it's hard NOT to burn the rubber when you leave.. :D

In 2nd wasn't a problem either I believ :eek: nOt that's what I call torgue: 800Nm .. kinggf That must really push you in the back of your seat when you put the pedal to the floor !

·
Registered
331 Posts
Zlaatan said:
I think it was a guy on mbworld.org who sold his CL600 and one of the reasons was that he had problem getting the power to the ground.

Isn't it like 800NM in those V12's?
i read that thread also a while ago...

Wasn't the guys nickname AWINER ?

He sad that it's hard NOT to burn the rubber when you leave.. :D

In 2nd wasn't a problem either I believ :eek: nOt that's what I call torgue: 800Nm .. kinggf That must really push you in the back of your seat when you put the pedal to the floor !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts