BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy an Imola Red M6 and they dont have it in U.S. No Individual:sad2: But i want to order one in germany then bring it here What do i have to do to it to make it U.S. spec and how much will it cost? thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I don't know I want to go to Germany order one there go visit some relatives near Germany pick it up when its ready then ship it to u.s. But I want to know what to do to make it u.s. Spec like what parts to change and how much the cost will be

·
Registered
644 Posts
To answer your question, it is entirely cost prohibitive to federalize a car to bring stateside.

If all you're after is Imola, then it’s an easy proposition.

Spec your car; pay the extra $2k for the color option (this is definitely possible through BMWNA) and set it up for European delivery.

When it’s ready, you fly over, drive it around Europe for a few weeks, turn it in, and it will subsequently be shipped to your dealership stateside.

Individual interiors are not up for grabs in the US, but you can do any color in the BMW pallet for a nominal fee.

-Audio

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot bro you helped me alot so I just order through my dealer and for euro delivery and I go pick it up and obviously drive it around there and then ship to states sounds great thanks

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
To answer your question, it is entirely cost prohibitive to federalize a car to bring stateside.

If all you're after is Imola, then it’s an easy proposition.

Spec your car; pay the extra $2k for the color option (this is definitely possible through BMWNA) and set it up for European delivery.

When it’s ready, you fly over, drive it around Europe for a few weeks, turn it in, and it will subsequently be shipped to your dealership stateside.

Individual interiors are not up for grabs in the US, but you can do any color in the BMW pallet for a nominal fee.

-Audio
You sure about that Arash? If it were that 'simple' to get an individual color, I would think we would be seeing a lot more of those around.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
An Individulal M6 Coupe will run aroung 130,000 Euro. You will be better off buying through the Euro delivery program.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Ed,

I'll say I'm 99% sure on this.

I've spoken to 2 different dealerships about this in the past, and gotten the same answer from both.

To reiterate, this is for an exterior color only, not interiors, or other individual options. But any color in the pallet is up for grabs for the extra dough.

-Audio

You sure about that Arash? If it were that 'simple' to get an individual color, I would think we would be seeing a lot more of those around.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Ed,

I'll say I'm 99% sure on this.

I've spoken to 2 different dealerships about this in the past, and gotten the same answer from both.

To reiterate, this is for an exterior color only, not interiors, or other individual options. But any color in the pallet is up for grabs for the extra dough.

-Audio
You can only order a different exterior color as an individual option. I looked into this when I bought my car and it was a non-starter unless I was willing to pony up the 70,000 extra Euro from my pocket. Yes, it would have cost me 70,000 Euro EXTRA from what I paid to get an individual M6.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The indivudual program is available in the USA, you need to have done LOTS of business with BMWNA before they let you do it. BMWNA has told dealers to say no go as it is easier. Basicly, if you know who to ask, it can be done.

No offense Its sort of like this, if ya know who to ask, you would not be asking.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I was in to see my dealer today, and I thought to asked the question again.

They confirmed that although the program has changed regarding the range of colors available, there is still a variety of individual color available for special order ranging from $2000 to $2500.

blkfast6, in your case Imola red is available on both the M5, and M6 for an additional $2500.

Best of luck with your decision.

-Audio

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks audio i just have to place an order in the color i want they build my car then ship it to the u.s. sounds great and $2500 is a great price

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That is a great price!!!...well worth it - get the Imola Red....as it is rare in the U.S.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts