BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long should Idle actuators last? Is it common to have to replace them multiple times before 100k miles?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
They go out once in 60k miles give or take. There are some crazy hats out there with 100k miles and no replacement. Others had failures at 40k. One of mine went out at 48k, another at 58k.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Mine are original at 78k miles and having some idle issues

Getting them done next week

Does anyone think i should diy i take to mechanic? Im pretty good working on machines and cars

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is at around 97k miles and they have already been done once, but now i am having an issue with bank 2 and it looks like it needs to be done again.. out of the ordinary or just an s85 reality?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine is giving me DSC malfunctions, and from what i read / can tell it is taking bank 2 IA offline and the TA is stepping in for it, when this happens my idle is a little rough and stays around 1000rpm or so instead of a normal idle. This puts me in limp mode and keeps the car in the garage, no fun at all. I am new to E60 M5, so i can't really tell you much more than that.. car seemed absolutely fine leading up to this, idle was consistent..

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
mine is giving me DSC malfunctions, and from what i read / can tell it is taking bank 2 IA offline and the TA is stepping in for it, when this happens my idle is a little rough and stays around 1000rpm or so instead of a normal idle. This puts me in limp mode and keeps the car in the garage, no fun at all. I am new to E60 M5, so i can't really tell you much more than that.. car seemed absolutely fine leading up to this, idle was consistent..
Yup that is the exact manifestation of this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts