BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Well I have a issue with my car when I drive normal not high rev m button off car drives fine no issues what so ever
But when I drive hard with or without m button once the revs go into high numbers the car goes into limp mode with a few codes
Those codes which I've read with inpa are
CD8B
2B0E
I've done a little research and have found this could be 2 issues wiring issue or my idle actuator on bank 2
I see you can buy the adapter lead for it alone part number is B12.51.7.835.131
My question to you all is am I right in saying it could only be 2 things idle actuator or this adapter lead?
Also before purchasing either how could I make sure which part I need.
I've read there's a test you can run I currently have inpa and dis can anyone tell me the procedure to run with these tools or is it ista only
Many regards

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi,

If you swap actuators between bank 1 and 2, if the error moves to the other bank, it is the actuator, if it remains on the same one, it is the wiring... I think..

·
Registered
68 Posts
How many miles on your car?
Try read the diagnostic reading if you have ISTA.
if you can read the actual position of Idle actuator, you have good wiring connection and DME's communication with idle actuator, and you got your actuator on shot. Most likely you have to change both banks while you are there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles on your car?
Try read the diagnostic reading if you have ISTA.
if you can read the actual position of Idle actuator, you have good wiring connection and DME's communication with idle actuator, and you got your actuator on shot. Most likely you have to change both banks while you are there.
Thanks for the reply car has 75k miles is it possible to do this with inpa or dis?

·
Registered
68 Posts
To my knowledge, wiring seems to be fine, most likely to have actuators done their age if you haven't changed for 75k miles.
I would change idle actuator, if I were you.
I am experiencing a similar problem now although I have only 39k miles on my m6.
For me, I have 27aa o2 sensor on bank 1 over the limit code even if I have recently changed both sensors.
I am trying to narrow down the root cause beside all the sensors I first thought the problems are.

for the benefit of members in future, Would you explain your symptom in more detail before your car threw the actual codes of error?
Like, what you felt different about when you stop at the light, or different butt feelings from the gas pedal?
For me, resetting the adaptation for Fuel trim does not help but throw Increased Emission for every cold start.

·
Registered
68 Posts
https://youtu.be/qNpxqpYnxO8
when you go to the diagnostic scan under DME module
you can scan actual position for the idle actuators on both banks
this is what I read from my ISTA.
Weird thing I cannot construe is opening position for idle actuator on bank 2 is almost twice the angle of that on bank 1
Post your readings here, so that we can compare.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://youtu.be/qNpxqpYnxO8
when you go to the diagnostic scan under DME module
you can scan actual position for the idle actuators on both banks
this is what I read from my ISTA.
Weird thing I cannot construe is opening position for idle actuator on bank 2 is almost twice the angle of that on bank 1
Post your readings here, so that we can compare.
I don't have ista if you know how to read it using inpa or dis I can read my readings to compare

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there must be the way to read the values in DIS or INPA.
I never used either of them before.
sorry
I've not had try had bad weather here lately will try and let you know what symptons error codes you having?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Emission Light on every cold start, once it warmed up.
Codes are only on Bank 1 O2 pre cat sensor.
Replaced MAF, O2 sensor, and Reset the adaptation, but they do no good so far regarding Increased emission. Somewhere I think in fuel preparation system is not properly working, or seems to have intake leaks. The clip I posted is one thing I have found weird.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Throttle is rough and inconsistent from a dead stop like on traffic lights or stop sign.
Otherwise, car runs fine.
throttle actuator, sophie said, has something to do with this error.
but I am not so sure.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My symptons totally different for yours I've never had emissions error I've ordered a idle actuator so will fit that soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
3 Participants
azzy3915
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing